Chapter 8

9/15/18

I couldn't sleep well last night. I couldn't stop thinking about Abigail and whatever secret she may be hiding. I also couldn't stop thinking about what I saw at Proctor's Ledge. The spirits of the men, women, and children who died there. The sounds of their screams. The smell of burning flesh from those who were burned at the stake.

I don't want to think about it anymore. I can't. I need to figure out what Abigail was hiding. There had to be a reason she was at the crime scene. She had to have seen something. I had to go back to Proctor's Ledge. I had to find out what she knew.

But I had to go alone. I didn't want Alex to be there with me. I didn't want her to see what I was going to do to Abigail. To get Abigail to talk, I was going to have to take her back to the witch trials, to the time of her death. I would have to resort to torture to make her talk, and I didn't want Alex to see me that way.

I'll have to go tonight. Alex is working on our school play so I know she won't text me, let alone call me. And my aunt is out with some girlfriends of hers, so she won't be looking for me either.

I'm gonna go now. There's still some light outside and I want some time to get myself together, before I go see Abigail, and i tend to do that best when I'm driving.

I will try to write when I get back.