three

After I got off the tenth floor, I walked to Val's room and knocked on her door.
"Oh, hey! Aria, right?" Val asked after opening the door.
"Yup," I said, "Can I come in?"
"Sure! But we're about to head out to the party!" Val said.
"That's okay," I said walking into her room. "Oh cool! You got a single dorm?"
"Yup!" Val said. "I lucked out, my roommate decided last minute she wasn't coming to Dream Wave this year and no one ever took her spot."
"Wow, lucky you!" I giggled.
"So...where's Cari and Nova?" Val asked.
"They're probably in their dorms getting ready now," I said.
"Oh, so they're meeting you at the pool party?" Val asked.
"Yea but not until five, they're going to the suites..." I replied.
"I heard there was a fight up there and that the party was canceled?" she asked.
"Yea, the Suites floor party was canceled, but Dove and Ash are still having a small get together but I—"
"Wasn't invited?" Val asked.
I shook my head no.
"Figured." Val said.
"Is it bad that I'm kinda upset at Cari and Nova for going to the party without me?" I asked.
"I'd be kinda salty about that too but since you guys just met a few hours ago, you can't be too upset, you know? Don't take it personal, " Val replied.
"I know it wouldn't be fair for me to make them come along to the pool party, I just wish they came with me any way!" I said. "Or even an invite to the get together would of been great!"
"No! Take not being invited to the get together as a compliment!" Val said.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Dove clearly didn't invite you because she's intimidated by you!" she explained.
"But why though? She doesn't even know me?" I said.
"She doesn't have to know you to see that you're gorgeous!" she replied.
"Thank you! But have you seen Dove? She's stunning!" I asked.
"But she's insecure. And any girl who's just as pretty or prettier than her is a threat," said Val, "...or a frenemy," She added.
I sighed. "But I don't want to be seen as a threat. I just want to have a good time with my friends!"
"Listen, Aria. The Dream Wave is a really fun place, but its still filled with a bunch of teenagers who have no idea what they're doing with their lives! So let's go have fun and not think about any stupid drama because that's exactly what this is. Stupid drama. None of this will matter tomorrow morning." said Val.
"You're right!" I said. "Who cares that Nova chose Dove over me? He and Cari will be coming to the pool at five anyway!"
"Whoa...what did you just say?" Val asked.
"N-nothing?" I stammered.
"That's what this is about? You're jealous! You like Nova!" Val giggled jumping up and down on the bed.
"Shhh! Well I don't know because we didn't really get to know each other yet but—"
"But nothing! You like him and you wanted to hang out with him tonight. That's fine girl, but just remember. Dream Wave isn't about finding your soulmate. It's about finding yourself and having fun!" Val said grabbing me by my arm. "Let's go! We have a party to get to!"

We walked to the Lunar Hall dorm building and went all the way to the rooftop.
"So, what do we do?" I asked Val.
"You've never been to a party before?" Val asked.
"Not a teenager party, no!" I said laughing. "Is that bad?"
"It's terrible! Come on!" Val yelled pulling me over to two guys.
"Hey Val, who's your friend?" asked one of the big muscular guys.
"Max, this is Aria. She's new this year but she's a Fiver like us!" she said.
"Aria, that's a nice name!" said Max. "This is my roommate Jacque.
"Uh, hi!" I said.
"Don't be shy, we don't bite!" Jacque smiled sipping from his cup.
"Yea, these guys are some of my best friends. They got my back and they got yours too!" said Val.
"Yup!" said Max.
I smiled. "Thanks guys! Here, follow yourselves from my Zyrian account so we can keep in touch!" I said passing them my phone.
"Jacque, is that Vodka?" asked Val. Jacque nodded.
"Want some?" He offered. Val nodded and took a sip.
"I'm good," I said holding my hands up.
"Come on, Val. I'll get us both a cup!" Val insisted running off to the drinks table.
"Not much of a drinker, huh?" Max asked.
"No, not really, " I said.
"It's okay, I'm not a drinker either," said Max.
"Then what's that in your cup?" I asked.
"Fruit punch," He laughed. "We'll see you around!"
"Okay! See you!" I said as I watched them walk off.
"Where are they going?" Val asked walking back towards me with the drinks.
"I don't know,"I shrugged.
"Oh, okay. Well, here you go," Val said handing me my drink.
"I shouldn't." I said.
"Well here. Just hold it and maybe you'll change your mind." She said. I sighed and grabbed the cup.
"Come on! Let's go to the dance floor!" Val yelled.
We both walked over to the crowd and started dancing. The DJ was amazing! They played all of the good songs. I met so many people out there on the floor through Val. I was having so much fun. I almost forgot about Nova and Cari until I saw them walk in.
"Val, look, they're here! We should go meet up with them!" I yelled over the music.
"Yea! I'll come with!" She replied. We both laughed as we tried to squeeze our way through the crowd.
"Finally! We made it out!" Val laughed.
"There's so many people! Let's hurry and get Nova and Cari so we can all—"
Before I could finish my sentence, I looked over to Cari and Nova who were now with Dove and Ash. Ash and Cari ran off to the drink table while Dove and Nova got undressed and jumped into the pool.
"Wow," I muttered as I watched Nova and Dove play in the water together.
"Hey, don't get upset, let's go dance! " Val said trying to pull me away.
"Yea," I mumbled as I watched Dove hug onto Nova. He threw her in the water and started cracking up.
"Nova!" She playfully screamed after she came up from the water.
"Aria, let's go back to the dance floor. We can catch up with them later!" Val insisted.
"Is this what a heartbreak feels like?" I asked Val.
"Don't be dramatic!" She laughed. "But you definitely have feelings for this kid." Val took a sip from her cup. "Meet me on the floor when you're ready!"
I nodded and continued watching Nova and Dove until she caught me staring. She winked at me then continued splashing Nova. I quickly turned around.
Ouch. That hurt.
I looked at my cup and chugged the entire drink.
"Whoa! Okay, Val! I see you!" Jacque yelled.
I gave him a half smile before sitting my empty cup down. Jacque walked over and handed me a bottle of moonshine.
"Um, thanks but no,thanks." I muttered.
"Aw, come on! Don't be a lame!" He taunted.
I put my middle finger in his face as I chugged the bottle. He and a group of guys came surrounding me and started cheering me on.
At this point I'm sure I was a little drunk, but I felt great and after another guy handed me another cup, I chugged that too.
"Wooo!" I screamed. The guys all lifted me up and carried me to the dance floor.