It's Late

(A/N) Heya, girlies. So, this chapter is gonna be filled with some 'pressing stuff. (It is not the sequel for 'the other woman') And it was also inspired by the song 'It's Late' by my love, Queen. Hope you enjoy 😌💖

love,
didi

(aww look at my babies 😔💖)~~~~~~~~Roger's once bright eyes were now a dull blue color

~~~~~~~~
Roger's once bright eyes were now a dull blue color. All of the love that they once held for you were drained from them. You both wanted to bring love back into your relationship, but you and Roger knew that that was just not possible anymore. The burning love you had for each other was put out as time went by.

  You sat on the bed in front of him, your legs crossed and your hands resting on your thigh. This bed was witness of many nights where Roger showed you just how much he loved you.

  But that was a long time ago. Back when you two were hopeless in love. Now, you barely exchanged a word with each other. He was always outside of the house, and so were you. Both of you living separate lives while being married to one another. There was no time to love each other anymore.

No time.

And now, both of you sat on the bed, with a tension that pressed on your shoulders.

You had packed your bags and announced to Roger that you were going to leave. You wanted to find a better life for yourself, and Roger wanted you to be happy, even if it meant that you left him. All you wanted was one more word from Roger that would hopefully make you stay, that would magically ignite the love that burned out a long time ago, but you knew that wouldn't happen. "I want you to stay, (Y/N). I love you," Roger said. His heart ached, and his voice cracked, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. But deep down he knew that he didn't mean it. He didn't love you.

"Roger, I want to stay, too. I want to love you, but it's far too late for that. I can't love you, I don't know how anymore. We can't save our marriage. It would be so selfish of me to stay, to be a burden to you. You deserve better than me," you said, reaching out to hold his cold, clammy hands. You felt a single tear roll down your cheek, and you let it roll down your face until it landed on your hand.

"(Y/N), I just want you to be happy. And if it means that you have to go, then go. But fucking hell, I don't want you to go. You're the love of my life, and I know that us being separated would break us. We need to be together," Roger said, rubbing his eyes furiously, not wanting cry.

"Why didn't you tell me that when our relationship started to fall apart? We could have saved us. We could have been happy," you said, letting go of Roger's hands.

"Because I thought that it was just a rough patch, and that we would get through it together. Trust me, I really tried to get to you, but it was almost like you shut me out." Roger said, his voice growing louder by the second.

"Well maybe if yo-," you were about to insult Roger, but you realized that you were at fault, too, not just Roger, "I'm so sorry. I'm also responsible for all of this mess." You said, your voice barely a whisper. Roger just sighed and ran his hand through his long hair.

  "Listen, these three years that we have been married were the best years of my life. I don't regret marrying you at all. And you're right, you are responsible for this. But so am I," Roger said, avoiding eye contact with you.

  "I don't regret marrying you either," you said, wiping away a few tears that were traveling down your face, "but it's time we let each other go."

You felt your heart break into a million pieces, and you knew that Roger's heart broke too.

  Roger gave you a small nod before saying, "You'll always be Mrs. Taylor, even if you get married to another man, alright? I know deep down in my heart that I fucking love you so much, so go. I want to see you happy. I love you." Roger was lying to himself, saying he loved you, but all he wanted was  to comfort you and himself.

  His words made you shed more tears. "I will be happy. And I hope that you will be happy as well. I love you too, Rog," you said, and you leaned forward and planted a soft, gentle kiss on Roger's parted lips.

This kiss marked the end of the tough, yet beautiful marriage you and Roger had. It also marked the beginning of your new life without Roger.

  You got up and grabbed your bags, and as you walked through the bedroom door, you looked back to get one last look of Roger. He had his eyes trained on yours, and he waved and whispered 'goodbye'. You waved back and you walked out the door. You got hit with a sudden urge to run back into Roger's comforting arms. But you knew that it was too late.

Far too late.