Prologue

??? POV:

I can hear them following right behind me slowly catching up. They are just specks of grey, white and silver weaving through the moonlit path in between the trees. You could hear their howls of laughter, the adrenaline of the chase pumping through their veins, as if taunting me. They mustn't catch me just yet. They can't know.

I hold the bundle of flesh and cloth between my arms and hope that daylight appears soon, i can only run so far and survive for so long. I know they will get me but i have to make it. They can't have her. They can't take her away from me too.

I run and run. This is taking too long I don't know how long my legs can hold on. My sight hazy, it looks as if the trees are twisting, crippled hands trying to claw at me and the growls strengthen behind me as my hope dwindles to a simple amber. Sticks snap and crackle under every footstep i make only leading the beasts further into excitement.

To these beasts its a game...

Their fur as rough as sandpaper and canines as sharp as a blade. Their size can not be described as normal, they stood to above half of an average man. Their dark almost dead eyes trail effortlessly through the blanket of night that had set hours ago, soon to be risen as the sun burns the threads away clearing the air. I only wish that it would come sooner.

My legs are feel like they were filled with lead and my eyes are slowly closing twisting the shadows around me swarming like flies. My own reality collapsing as my lungs did. I can only go on for much longer. She must be safe.

After a couple of steps i saw hope manifest in front of me. A road! Which meant civilisation! My baby will be safe! Only a couple paces away!

1...2...3..!

Finally! Tarmac was under my feet than dirt and rocks. I can't waste a second. My baby must have a home.

A house at last came into view. It was painted a baby blue accompanied with a mahogany door. I quickly set the bundle that i kept so close to my chest, tight and secure, down onto the porch and rang the doorbell a good three times , leaving a note, then running off back to the forest so they wont catch her. She will live.

Im sorry I couldn't be there for you but i have always loved you...

At last my end has come. The snarls near and the blanket starts to lift as the first rays of golden sunshine burn in my line of vision. I invite the pain and darkness. At least i could leave this world in peace knowing my baby is safe...

My Hope.

A/N

I hope you enjoyed this! I don't have a clear idea on if its short or not but I'll figure it out. Please comment if there is anything i can fix or improve on or even grammatical errors. Also vote if it is good as support. I'll update weekly if it all goes well.

Hmm.. who even is the POV?

542 words.

Farewell readers.