VII

Sommer's POV

I had asked Malina to stay after class today and she was about twenty minutes late so I stepped out of the classroom to get some coffee. When I returned she was sitting in the back of the class in her regular seat. I told her to come up to the front of the room but she wasn't paying attention.

I tried to get her attention, I called her name, I snapped my fingers, I waved my hand. She was to zoned out to notice. I wondered what she was thinking about.

I eventually stopped trying and just sat on the edge of my desk. I looked at her with admiration. I don't know why I had such an interest in this girl but I did. I wasn't even legal for me to look at her that way, we'll it was because she was eighteen but this is a work place, not a bar.

She tuned back in after some time after I told her my face was up here. I knew she was looking at my ass it was obvious. I wanted to be a model before I went to school for teaching so I had worked out and did it so I could make my body the way I wanted it, the result was a good figure that I'm proud of but sometimes it results in inappropriate behavior from people.

She reluctantly walked a desk closer to me and sat down. We got started on some review and I had her do some writing. She asked me what "Carpe diem" meant and I told her it meant "to seize the moment".

She had me explain it to her so I did.

"So it just means to go for it?" She asked looking up at me. I was leaning down next to her, a little closer than I normally would . She could probably see down my shirt.

"Yeah pretty much." I answered her back.

" so if I did something like this would that be considered as seizing the moment? " I didn't even get to process what she said before she leaned up and kissed me. Then she left me alone in that classroom. I didn't even bother to go after her, I didn't want to.

••••••••

I got home a little later than normal because I had gone to the store.

"Alissa I'm home!" I called walking in the front door. I didn't get a response, she was probably next door with that guy who calls himself " Banks".

The only reason I let Alissa move in when we were so early in our relationship is because she needed somewhere to stay. Her last girlfriend kicked her out after she was caught cheating. Now I'm afraid she's don't the same to me.

Alissa and I had something in the beginning but these last few months have been really shitty. She comes home late or drunk and we just argue with each other all the time. I don't even want to be around her anymore but I can't make her leave because she won't have a place to stay.

We had dinner plans so I went next door and knocked a few times. Nobody came to the door. I wouldn't usually do this but the door was unlocked and I needed to find Alissa or we were going to be late for our reservation so I opened the door.

"Alissa?" I called out, nobody said anything although I could hear something in the back room. I walked into the hall a ways and down towards what I suppose is a bedroom. I could hear the noise better now. It sounded like someone moaning.

I neared the door and now I was sure of it and I knew exactly who it was. I recognized her from the countless times we'd had makeup sex after a heated argument. I didn't want to go in but I couldn't just stand here or go home. I grabbed the door knob, there was no turning back now.

I opened the door, "Alissa?" I questioned for some reason even though I knew it was her. Faze was leaning over her with sweat rolling down his back alongside scratches from Alissa's nails.

She leaned up on her elbows, "Sommer?" she looked at me with a shocked expression.

" I can't believe it. "

•••••••