6. Black roses

Black roses

Black roses. Yes you heard that right. Black roses. Everywhere. The whole place was drowning in them. But not sinking. It was a peaceful drowning. It felt like the garden wanted to be drowned in them, just spend a few more moments with them and it would be the happiest it has ever been.

Jack had picked me up earlier today along with Cordon, the electrician,and we had just entered the venue. Keira had told us to look for a flower arch in the garden and that thats where she will be. So that is what we were doing, looking for the arch in this huge, i mean ginormous garden, until we stumbled across this place. A place with black roses.

If you haven't guess yet then let me tell you. I don't like flower prints or flower designs or anything like that too much but I am a sucker for black roses. I even have a huge tattoo on my right hip bone.

Black roses have a certain mystery to them. An attracting allure. They burned without fire. They froze without ice. They were a symbol of death and omen in many traditions but thats what makes them more thrilling. They were badasses.

So naturally, i stood in the opening with my jaw open, staring at the roses like a creep. I took a few steps forward and touched one of the roses. Soft. They were so fucking soft. And silky. They were undoubtedly the best quality roses i have ever seen.

"Earth to Leila. " Jack mockingly stood in front of me, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Pinch me Jack. Tell me I'm seing the black roses like you are. I ain't crazy am i? " I was so awestruck by the roses that i didn't even know what i was saying anymore. Jack snickered beside me and shook his head.

"I'm seing them too Leila. I have no idea what true love looks like. But if i were to make a comparison it would be to you and your black roses. " he snorted still shaking his head. "Now lets go. We need to find Miss.Somell. Can't keep a lady waiting now can we?"

I rolled my eyes at that. "Ya ya. Let's go. But we will come back here once more before going okay." I told him. Jack just shook his head and started walking. Cordon followed behind. And soon we found a clearing with a beautiful flower arch at its entrance and gorgeous tropical trees and flowers surrounding it. True to her word Keira was sitting on a chair at one corner. She was reading some magazine and was wearing a brown beach hat. There was a table in front of her with food and a couple more chairs beside it. Upon hearing us come she looked up and smiled.