Chapter 5

"talking"

'thinking'

Chapter 5:

Stark Tower:

 Tony Stark was many things, he was a playboy, a genius, and director of his own company. However he was not patient and when faced with the file that Agent Coulson gave him he was even less patient than before. Using his hands he looked through all the files pertaining to the Tesseract. The file included who currently had it and who SHIELD was trying to get to help obtain the item and Loki. This was not what had Tony Stark frustrated though, no he could easily see the man in ice was helping, the two assassins were helping (though one was currently under mind control) and that Bruce Banner was going to help. What was trying his patients was the grand question mark on top of a profile picture. Try as he might Tony could not get into the file, in fact all his systems kept saying the file was nonexistent. "Ugh!!" growling in frustration Tony decided to hack into SHIELD itself to find his answers, however it was the same there except one thing. The file had a name, "Mudboy? Who calls anyone or anything mudboy?" Exasperated and rubbing his hair Tony thought what that could mean.

SHIELD (with Artemis):

"Of all names you want your "file" to be called Mudboy is the one?" Director Fury looked at the young boy in front of him. The boy smirked and just shook his head "call it an inside joke if you will Director. How many people do you have helping you on getting to this so called god?" The director suddenly looked very tired "we've been able to get three people to help us out, no notice on Stark yet though so we are hoping for four people." Uncrossing his legs Artemis got up, "well Director I think it is time we start our search for your god before we find ourselves with more mindless ideates with guns/bows." Butler moved right behind his young master, watching all side as they walked and protecting behind him. Once out in the hallway and a few doors down the two stoped, Artemis snapped his fingers together and gestured for Butler. Butler knew what he wanted, it was what Artemis and he had been working on for many years. Simple gestures that mean a lot more, there own secret language if you will. Butler took out a journal and pen from one of many pockets from his coats and handed it to the young master. "Right" taking the journal and pen from Butler, Artemis leaned back on the wall and bent one leg to keep himself steady. "So a madman calling himself god, not the oddest thing but most concerning if he is gaining peoples minds. We need a plan of action when we find him." Butler noted that Artemis didn't say "if" instead of "when" it seemed that the young master was planning to keep his side of things. 

"What do you have in mind Artemis" Butler asked as he folded his arms in front of  his chest. "Why old friend don't you think we could put our new inventions to use, after all its hard to find testers for such technology especially when it is not of human origin." Smirking Artemis flipped through the little journal going to some blueprints, "yes I believe that this Loki fellow will enjoy his stay in SHIELD. It should be interesting to see how far we can push him or even the effects these have on him. I was thinking of using the C Cube for this but maybe another time. I don't want us to show all our card now do i." Closing the small book Artemis handed it back to Butler who took it and put it away. "Artemis I still think working with this kind of stuff isn't good, Its not human technology and if it gets in the wrong hands" Artemis cut Butler off  "it won't. Butler I understand your concerns I do. You should know though that even if it does get in to the wrong hands, that I won't let anything happen to us. You, Juliet, myself. The three of us will be fine." Shaking his head Butler just dropped it for now, he didn't want to but he knew that pushing Artemis now wouldn't do any good and instead just make him angry and less likely to talk of his problems. "I do trust you Artemis, I wouldn't have fallowed you through everything I did if I didn't trust you." Artemis looked down at his feet feeling something he hasn't for quite sometime. "Thanks Butler" Quickly looking up  "do not tell Juliet I thanked you, I wouldn't hear the end of it if you did." "Your secret is safe with me Arty." 

AN: 

Thought I would leave it on a somber note but then add a little humor at the end. I know updates have not been recent or even steady like I had hoped. However I hope you all enjoy this and still stay comment about the chapters on your likes and dislikes. And yes I have tried to stay in tune with the Artemis Fowl series adding in little things like "mudboy" and such.