lunar mystery

Walking out of her luxury car, Ryder reached into her small leather purse to grab out her keys. Her bloodshot eyes were the bright red colour of a completely ripened tomato, which was an awfully strange object to compare red eyes to.

Muttering expletive curses to herself as she couldn't reach the keys under her nice collection of empty gum wrappers and different useless coupons and receipts.

When Ryder finally opened the door, she was surprised at the graveyard like silence of the house as she refused to move out seeing as she would be living alone. She was used to the screams from her fighting younger siblings and loud metal music blasting from speakers so the complete absence of sound was both perplexing and amusing to her.

She was walking through the living room when she noticed a frail-looking woman with brightly pale skin and mostly dead eyes staring off into space in a trance-like state. Ryder let out a shrill, ear-piercing scream, compelling woman to snap out of her reverie and accompany Ryder's scream making it into an oddly nonsensical duet.

"Dear dumb dancing divine devils!" Ryder exclaimed, seeming to have run out of less perplexing phrases of surprise, "who are you and why are you in my house?"

The strange woman looked at her unwanted companion in disapproval and rolled her eyes, "and that's why you ruin my peace why you despicably loud shrieks?"

"I asked you a question and would be pleased if you gave an answer." Ryder angrily retorted.

"Well then, my name is Selene, the moon goddess and my sisters, Hecate and Artemis, deemed you fit for the gift of three wishes." the woman who was now recently identified and Selena spoke out

"Right, and I'm the queen of England"

"Though I don't see why my sisters would want you to have this, if that is what you wish for, then we will give it to you" Selena proposed, spreading out her arms, palms up with her arms decorated with strange runes.

Ryder looked at the woman with a strange look on her face, most likely disgust, "are you some crazy wannabe astronomer with your 'gigayears, parsecs, cold disks and hot disks?' because if you are, I would highly suggest you leave before you call the police!", she deadpanned

"Then I shall leave as you wish. I will return", Selene declared, waving her hand over her body and disappearing in a cloud of pearl white smoke.

"Mother of runny eggs!", Ryder exclaimed, seeming to have run out of better exclamations of surprise. Again.

She let out a deep exhausting sigh while stripping out of her work clothes and trudging to her room. As our protagonist was about to walk into her en suite bathroom to take a burning hot shower, as most females tend to do, she sighted a note on her bedside table and beside it what seemed to look like three cubes of sugar.

On the note it said:

The moon saw you, and the moon loved you,

And so this gift is from the moon to you.

This gift is a token to you from us,

Expressing our inept gratitude.

Don't make a wish without a choice,

Think before crumbling the sugar cube.

Guard your mind and keep your voice,

Or you find yourself running from a slippery tube.

-Selene, Hecate, and Artemis

Ryder had no clue as to what the poem meant, but as she has inferred, she presumed that she had to think really hard before making a with then break the 'sugar' cube in her fist.

Ryder was still a bit skeptic, so she boxed the cube and the tattered note in a brightly polished glass box, as we all must have one of those just laying around, and hid it in the unseen confines of her glamorous walk-in closet.

)()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

A few months had passed and Ryder was up to her neck with issues at her office at whatnot. She had worked at a winery which her grandparents had established a long time ago and due to her father's recent and sudden illness, it was her turn to take over the family business.

Unbeknownst to her, her father had taken a million dollar loan and left the company, which was completely in her hands, in huge debt. After a loud and stressful imbroglio, Ryder was suddenly contemplating on using the wishes.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Ryder had made a wish for her loan to be paid out. The wish came true as naturally as possible. An anonymous payment was made to the winery, and it's owner used the money to bay back the cash that she owed.

She was scared that if her wish worked, and it wasn't a strange scam, there would be terrible consequences, but surprisingly, everything went smoothly.

Her second wish was for her father to be rejuvenated, and his health to be brought back. She was, even more, shook when her father returned to take over the company, doing things you wouldn't expect an average sixty-year-old man to be doing.

Ryder as time went by, was seemingly very happy with the outcome of her wishes and she assumed that if the first two went so well, her last wish would be granted.

A month after her wish for her father, Ryder requested for a partner. She had 27 years of life behind her and didn't think she could go through the rest of her life single and alone.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Selene had watched all the tings transpiring from her place up in the night sky. Her sisters reveled in the fact that they chose someone worthy enough of Selene's approval. They still had future plans for her, but for now, her happiness was their top priority... 

mbfmb

THIS WAS AN ASSIGNMENT FOR SCHOOL BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE INTO A ONE SHOT. I MIGHT CONTINUE IT SO ITS A SHORT STORY, BUT THAT DEPENDS ON IF YOU GUYS WANT ME TO CONTINUE OR LEAVE IT AS IT IS

DONT FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE

PEACE OUT