「 𝔾𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕚𝕤: 𝕂𝕒𝕥𝕤𝕦𝕜𝕚 𝕀 」

Katsuki's POV and Backstory

"Dad, you can't catch me! You are too slow!" I yelled to otouchan. He looked past his shoulder and smiled. He ran a little faster to get away from the game of "Quirk Chase" we always play on weekends. He got on my nerves running faster and faster at every moment. I quickly turned around and started to use my quirk, Explosions. Knowing that I stopped, and that we were running in circles through the green yard, I fired an enormous firework at him. Not knowing how powerful it was, I knocked him unconscious, falling to the ground.

"Hey! Hey! Wake up!" I started to feel sobs in between my words. I hesitated to yell for my mom to come, but I soon made the decision to do so. "You old hag, come here!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. She walked out slowly, with a soup spoon in her left hand, and her right hand in a fist.

"What!?" She screamed back. She saw that I was on the verge of salty, painful tears, and rushed over to my father and I. She frantically called to the motionless body in front of her to wake. It didn't work out, so she put her index and middle finger to the veins of his neck, no pulse, then to his wrist, no pulse. She reluctantly grabbed her phone from her apron that she was wearing. She then dialed 1-1-9, the Japanese emergency dial for an ambulance.

"Mom... what's happening? What did I do?" I asked, saddening by my father not waking up. She shook her head while closing her eyes, putting the phone to her ear. She quietly panics and requests and ambulance to our house immediately and keeps her two fingers on her husband's veins. A wave of guilt and sorrow brushed over me and I started to sob and have salty waterfalls come out of my eyes. Mom hangs up the phone and tells me calmly that emergency services are coming, it was clear she was holding back tears.

"Mom," I say sniffing and rubbing my eyes dry. "I did this, I made him die." She looks at me, confused.

"Why do you think that?" She asked, running her fingers through my spiky blonde hair. I tell her the games we were playing and what I did to cause this. She stays calm the whole time. It took almost twenty minutes for me to get my words out completely, all because of my sobbing and heavy breathing.

"It's going to be alright, Katsuki. Masaru isn't going to die just yet. He's strong like you and won't give up until he's lost everything." I nod in agreement, slowly putting my arms out for a hug. Comfort. Comfort was what I need right there and then. She swiftly wrapped me in her arms and squeezed me so tight to the point I could barely breathe. I hug tighly as well, and Mom started to let her emotions flow out of her, of course, she needed it, too.

__

After sitting there in the yard, hugging each other to death, the EMTs rush over with a stretcher and other equipment. My mother gets up and tells where our beloved family member's body was. I watched the whole 'rescue' mission fall into place. I kept thinking about how these citizens save so many lives without trying without using all their might, spirit, and brainpower. About how they didn't cry during each and every rescue.

As Dad was loaded into the ambulance and hooked up to heart rate monitors and had a breathing mask over his face. He wasn't breathing, there was no hot breath on the plastic mask over his mouth. The heart rate monitors even rhythm strip showed a straight line, meaning no heartbeat. No ounce of life. Mom gasped and put both hands over her mouth, shaking. I asked her, "What happened to him? Did I actually kill him?" I was so scared, scared of losing her, scared of losing my grip on sanity and happy emotions.

Luckily, all of it stayed.

Years later I went to jail. Not because of that, because I get angered too easily. Perhaps my anger led me to assault this one annoying guy. Who new someone could be so obnoxious?

To be continued in the next chapter: Genesis:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. This is a collaboration fanfiction with FinalLyfe27