One More Kiss

"Ivy Reynolds," A twisted smile forms on the man's face.

My eyes widen in fear when he mentions my name. I have no idea who he is but he knows who I am. His dark eyes stare at me menacingly while his lip curls up the side of his face. I should probably run but my feet are planted.

"I hear your firm is representing Donovan Corporation."

The man continues walking towards me. His combat boots smack the pavement loudly with every step. He stops about a yard away and tucks his hands into the pockets of his black zippered hoodie.

"What is it to you?" A burst of confidence flows through me as I puff out my chest and throw my hand on my hip.

"Drop the case," He snarls.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Drop the case."

"That's not within my power and there's no way Savage will drop this case." I begin to wonder if this is one of Milano's henchmen.

"Then convince Savage it would be in his best interest to offer a low ball deal. Say, five hundred thousand?"

He closes the gap between us. My heart begins pounding at the proximity. I cross my arms to keep a barrier between us.

I scoff. "This case is worth twenty million. Neither of those options are appealing so why would I even consider it?"

"Because if you don't, your little extracurricular activities will be judged by more than just Jim Savage."

The man smirks as he brushes his jacket back to reveal a gun tucked into his pants. I glare back at him wondering what his comment is insinuating. I look down at the gun and back up into his eyes.

"Is that supposed to scare me?"

"Does it?" He asks menacingly.

"No."

The man slams me against the wall and cages me in with his arms. His hood falls back from the sudden movement and reveals his messy brown hair.

"Well if that doesn't scare you then I guess I'll just have to do it myself."

I shriek, "Who do you think you are?"

The man grins. "Levi. Levi Milano. Consider yourself lucky to be visited by the protégé himself."

I stared into his dark eyes. Did that mean he is Raymond's son? I didn't even know Raymond had a family. He had done a good job of keeping his family a secret.

"You have twenty-four hours before I show up again for an update. Otherwise, some information might just get leaked." He steps back, releasing me from my cage.

"What information are you talking about? What extracurricular activities do you mean?" I give him a quizzical look.

"I'm sure if you pick your own brain you'll know exactly what I'm talking about." Levi starts to walk away but then stops and looks at me once more. "Oh and by the way, nice red panties." He laughs and continues walking. He throws his hood back up and vanishes around the corner.

I ponder what he said for a moment. Red panties? I look down at my waist but there is no indication of what color my underwear is today. I know for a fact my underwear is teal. What on earth is he talking about?

I jog back to the front of the building and look around but Levi is gone. I go back inside to get my purse and notice Kyle pulling around the corner as I enter the building. I walk as quickly as possible to my desk and snatch up my purse before heading back downstairs.

"Did you get lost?" Kyle jokes when I enter the car.

"Oh, Jamie was asking me a couple questions while I was in there," I lie.

Kyle drives downtown and parks in front of a popular swanky restaurant. He walks around the car and opens the door for me. I smile at him with gratitude and follow him inside. Once we're seated the server takes our order and pours us some wine before giving us some privacy.

"Listen..." Kyle clears his throat, "I've been wanting to tell you, Ivy..."

My head pops up in surprise. What is this tone? Why does he sound so nervous?

"I really admire you and think you do a wonderful job at the firm..."

So this is a business meeting.

"But... I also think you're kind, and witty, and very beautiful," Kyle's cheeks seem to flush a tint of pink.

"Oh." I stop swirling my wine I had just picked up.

"What I really mean is I like you."

I laugh nervously. "Wow, Kyle, I had no idea. I... uhh... have actually felt the same for a while too."

"Really?" His eyes light up like a little kid watching a fireworks show.

I nod sheepishly, "I just didn't think you felt the same, because you never flirt with me."

"Sorry, I guess I was just nervous. Plus there's always someone around so I wouldn't want anyone to feel awkward."

Kyle is so sweet. He's always thinking of everyone around him. How he became a lawyer, I don't know, and especially a lawyer who deals with big corporations. You would think he would work on pro bono cases or something with protecting wildlife. But the clients we have bring in a lot of money so I can't really blame him for wanting to work corporate cases.

After we eat Kyle pays for dinner and drives me back to my car at the firm. He steps out of his car and walks over to my side to open my door then walks me over to the driver side of my car.

"Well, this is me," I dig my keys out of my purse and then look up at Kyle, "Thank you for tonight."

"Thank you for accompanying me," Kyle smiles at me then leans in and kisses me gently on the lips. It feels nice and I haven't been kissed in almost five years.

"One more." I pull him back in and kiss him a little longer this time. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into his body.

When I pull away his face is completely calm and happy like he's finally gotten something he's wanted for a long time. He lets go of my waist but grabs on to my hand and pulls it up to his lips and kisses it.

"Goodnight, Ivy." He opens my door for me, then gently closes it once I'm safely inside.

As I drive home I think about my run in with Levi earlier. I wonder what he was talking about. What information would he have about me? I stop at a red light in front of a lingerie store and notice the mannequin wearing a red lingerie set. I look at the red lacy bottoms and smirk because I own that exact pair. Or at least I did before—oh my gosh! I suddenly thought about how I had lost that specific pair of underwear and wondered if that is what Levi was talking about.

How does he know?

**********

Will Ivy follow through with Levi's instructions?

What do you think the black mail is about?

Let me know what you think of this chapter in the comments :)

-BlushingBelle