20. When It's Just Not Enough

"Can you tell me your name? My name is Leapfrog."

"My... name... is Callem."

"Great job. What is your favorite thing to eat?"

"Parker."

My eyes opened wide when I heard my name shouted in the dark room. Well, mostly dark room. Callem was sitting cross-legged on the blanket, the Leapfrog device in his lap. I noticed a bunch of the cartridges tossed aside with only a couple left near him.

"Hnn... what are you doing, Callem?"

My voice was heavy with sleep, which I kinda wanted to get back to. His gaze darted to me, and a big white smile appeared on his face.

"Callem... why do you look so tired? Have you been up all night with that thing?"

"Yes."

He tossed the computer aside and scooted in next to me with a happy hum.

"Heheh, wanna tell me what you've learned?"

"Yes. I learned that Callem is my name."

"Wow, yes, it is."

I could see his backside wiggling beneath the blankets as he rested on his belly and his chin plopped down on my chest.

Total puppy.

"Parker, I learned lot. Mellac not really a cow, even if he eat like one."

I snickered, hugging his head lightly before he shifted so he could take me into his arms. His gorgeous oceanic eyes were lit up with eagerness, wiping away the thought of going back to sleep for a bit. I wanted to join in his excitement.

"What else did you learn? I want to know."

"I learned how to count to ten. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten."

Okay, he is a genius. Sure they are simple things to learn, but for someone to get them all down in one short night?

"You are awesome."

"And Parker is cute."

My cheeks warmed, and I tucked my face against his chest, hiding a little. A deep chuckle rumbled through him as he leaned over, nuzzling at my hair before I heard him whisper near my ear.

"Did Callem 'barass Parker?"

I grumbled, rolling my eyes at him and his funny sentence.

"Hehe, my Parker."

His arms squeezed me a little before I adjusted and flopped my messy bed-head back onto the pillow.

"Parker has nice eyes... and a nice face."

I blushed again and stuck my tongue out.

"Dork."

He didn't seem to understand what I said, but that didn't slow him down.

"Parker is my mate, and Mellac is my brother. Jayson is Parker friend and my brother mate..."

I chuckled and nodded, yawning a little while he continued.

"...and we are family."

~Jayson

Hearing Callem speak so enthusiastically to Parker had my stomach twisting into knots. My best friend would kill me if he knew I had been thinking about calling the police and telling them where we were. Hearing them talk hurt worse than my own body did with the healing bruises and bite marks Mellac had left on it the night before from his trial run at kissing. My waist also ached from where he was holding me because each time I tried to move a little and get more comfortable, he'd tighten his hold and growl quietly. It was obvious after the second time that he was still asleep, but with Mellac, the threat was always real. Asleep or not. He proved that concept completely true when I had tried to speak with him last night, but he wouldn't back down on anything. I was his mate and was to obey him as such. He had done the kissing, and though he would let me sleep for the night to regain my strength, I would breed with him come morning.