The Frenemy

(Mommy Hyebjang's POV!!!)

Hyebin's POV

"Are you home already?" Dabin asked through the phone and I'm pretty sure I can hear barks.

"Yeah. So, what's wrong with Yoreum?" I plopped on my bed and hid my face on a pillow, turned my head to the side and an image of her flashed on my mind, making me sit up.

"He's gonna go... I'm... Aigoo, nevermind"

"Ok?"

"So, how was your frenemy?" Oh right, her.

Earlier this morning~~~

I ran outside Dabin's office before she could catch me.

I couldn't help but laugh, when I just see the both of their faces, I always feel like laughing.

I started to walk to the elevator and dialled someone when I got inside.

"Hello?" I gripped my satchel and tried to force a smile.

"H-Hey, I'm g-going to get you"

"Oh right. Sure, I'll be getting ready now"

"Th-thanks again"

"Hmm? What for?"

"For...accepting my offer" She chuckled. I felt weak at that and I just couldn't wait to see her again.

"I'll go off now to get ready"

"O-oh yeah, I'll be heading to my car to drive, well, it's obvious, what else do you do in a car?... Oops" I covered my mouth with the back of my hand and closed my eyes. I dunno but that came out...
sexually?

Damn it Hyebin, just be cool!

She laughed, it lightened me up.

"Ok Hyebin unnie, bye"

"Bye Jooe"

I smiled at my phone, I'm finally at the underground floor and jogged to my car.

Dabin gave me this, a white Kia Soul. She said I should have a car, she said she doesn't want to see me commuting to work again cause it'd just give me a hard time. I couldn't decline to my best friend, she also cares you know.

I got in and started to drive out the building and to Jooe's house.

Oh! Right... About me and Jooe, she was my junior in high school. Let's just go to a flashback, but I know I'd regret thinking of it again.

Flashback

"Hyebin unnie! Please, this time, accept my gift" I stared at the bowing Jooe, handing a bag of what seems like chocolates.

"I told you, I will never fall back for you. No one can ever impress me, you'd just give up someday when we're together" I looked at her when she stood up straight with a smile.

"That's why I'm trying my best to impress you, and I will never ever leave you if we'd be together. Please, give me a chance" She pleaded with a wide cheerful smile, making me cringe.

"Why do you keep on smiling?"

"Because I wanna just think optimistic things"

"It's cringy" Her smile disappeared and another smile replaced it, but it looked forced.

"I won't give up on you, I'll stop smiling for you then and I hope that would make you happy" She took my hand and faced my palm up, she placed the bag on it and smiled at me then ran away.