Swimming Confessions

The next morning, Chenille woke up first. She pushed a red arm off her and slid toward her sister (with some difficulty) After everyone had woken and after a breakfast of waffles, the Snack Pack went home, all except for DJ Suki. She and Poppy went swimming.

"So Poppy," DJ said, swimming up behind her. "Why did you go to Branch's bunker yesterday?"

"Well, um... SPLASH FIGHT!!" Poppy yelled, swinging her arm around to soak DJ.

"POPPY!" DJ yelled. She covered her face to avoid the mini wave gaining on her. "Why did you do it?"

"Because I thought we could have a splash fight," Poppy said. She was now doing flips.

"You're dodging the question," DJ said, swimming backwards. "Why did you go to Branch's bunker yesterday?" Poppy stopped and treaded water.

"I know every troll in Troll Village. I'm going to be their queen in a few years, after all. But I do not know Branch. I'd never heard of him before Biggie mentioned him a couple of days ago. I want to be as good of a queen as my mother was. She ran into the woods, knowing it would be dangerous. She knew that she may not come back, that her 3 year old daughter would have to grow up without a mother and that the trolls would have no queen. She even knew that whether she died or didn't, she would most likely loose her unborn child. And yet she still did it to save a troll she didn't know, who didn't come back anyway," Poppy said. DJ had stopped swimming now too. "And I can't be that good of a queen if I don't even know my people."

DJ Suki was amazed that Poppy hadn't even sounded a little bit sad or shed a single tear through all of this.

"Whoa. That... that just... whoa." DJ said. "Your mom was pregnant?"

"Nobody knew except for dad and me. I was going to have a little sister. Mom spent all her time talking about "Princess Petal" and how I was going to be a great big sister. And then she ran into the forest. She did that for someone she didn't even know. She just heard the screams and ran. I want to be able to do something like that but I couldn't bring myself to do it for someone I don't even know. If it were Branch, he'd die alone."

"Okay, but by the looks of that necklace you showed us last night... is it sticking out of your dress?" DJ said, looking at their clothes on the bank of the lake. Poppy blushed as red as the flower which was her namesake.

"Maybe..." was Poppy's response.

"How did you make it through all that still smiling?" DJ asked. Because indeed, nobody had ever seen the princess without her signature smile, except on the day of her mom's- and apparently baby sister's- funeral.

"I learned that if you smile, nobody can tell you're in pain. I want everyone to respect me, and I doubt that they'll do that if I'm always crying. And yes, I plan on going back to Branch's bunker (if he'll let me in that is) because I finally found someone who appears to get me. We only talked for a minute, but I think we both would have opened up if we'd had longer." Poppy's smile had gotten wider, wide enough that if you wanted to, you could count the brackets in her braces.

"Whoa. That is just... whoa." DJ said.

"Do you know any other sentences?" Poppy asked jokingly. She began to swim again. "Oh, and what's going on with you and Chenille?" Poppy asked with a smirk.

"Um..." DJ hesitated. "I'll tell you but you have to hair swear." The crossed hair.

"Sparkle, sparkle, rainbow cakes, glitter, dewdrop, your secret's safe," they recited in unison.

"It must be huge if you're making me hair swear," Poppy said.

"Well okay... Chenille and I are... dating and nobody, not even Satin, knows. You can't tell anyone, I wasn't even supposed to tell!" DJ said.

"Don't worry. The words 'sparkle sparkle rainbow cake' have meaning to me. I won't tell a troll." Poppy put one hand on her heart and the other in the air, using only her feet to stay afloat. "Now why don't we go change and head to the mushroom bounce?" Poppy asked. DJ nodded enthusiastically. What DJ didn't know was that Poppy was going to put on the necklace and hide it under her dress. Because since she got that thing, Poppy clung to it like it was her lifeline.

(A/N: Okay guys, another chapter done! That got a little... dark? I guess is the word? but now you know one of my OTPs: Chenille x DJ Suki! There are some ships that I don't know why I ship but oh well. And if I stop updating regularly it's because I'm working on another story of my own, [well 2 actually I'm just not publishing one of them until it's done] and I'm helping 2 of my friends on their own stories AND I still have to go to school so I pretty much have like 20 minuted per day [at 11: pm] for this story so I can work on the other 4. And I'm running out of cute Broppy moments in "Trolls the Beat Goes On" besides! The one for this chapter is kinda a desperate hope. And to top all of that off, I still have to deal with diabetes because I'm a type 1 diabetic. So if I loose what little writing ability I have, please don't claw my eyes out or anything. Sorry for the rant there... just please tell me what you think. BAI!)