Request

Plot: Cole being a protective bf

Word count: 652

3rd pov

"You know you don't have to come if you don't want to." Cole said, turning to his boyfriend as they walked hand in hand towards the house.

"Non sense! I like anything if it's with you." Jay smiled, brushing off Coles concern. Cole was right to believe that Jay wouldn't like going to the party. Jay was uncomfortable around people he didn't know and a party with many strangers definitely wouldn't be Jays idea of a fun time. Nonetheless Jay stuck with Cole, knowing that he might as well try to have a good time for his boyfriends sake.

The two strolled up to the front door, and before Cole could grab the handle, the door swung open to reveal the host of the party.

"Hey man what's up!" The teen greeted, fist bumping with Cole. They talked about random people who Jay didn't know in the slightest, and finally the host had left after being pulled away by a friend. Jay was thankful that he didn't have to awkwardly stand their from the lack of knowingly what to say, and retook Coles hand as they entered the party.

The house was filled with loud teens, and even louder music. Jay glanced over at Cole who seemed comfortable and beyond used to the whole party scene. The exact opposite of Jay. Cole looked back at his boyfriend and grinned, holding his hand tighter. "Don't worry. I won't leave your side." Cole spoke. Jay smiled feeling more at ease.

As the party continued more teens had become tipsy and more hyper due to the influence of alcohol. Cole had only had a small drink while Jay didn't have any.

A few hours had passed and the two took residence in the kitchen, where an assortment of snacks were present. Cole took a sip out of his cup just as Jay said something funny, causing the boy to laugh and spill the drink over his shirt.

"Aww geez." Cole muttered, laughter still in his voice as he looked down at his soaked shirt.

"Sorry!"

"It's ok, I'll get cleaned up and be right back." Cole said. Jay watched him walk away and eventually disappear into a crowd of people. Jay leaned against the kitchen wall, shoving a handful of chips from a plastic bowl into his mouth as he waited.

Jay was interrupted from his thoughts when he noticed someone walk into the kitchen.

"Hey." The boy greeted, walking closer to Jay with a small smile on his face.

"Oh!.. hi?" Jay said surprised that someone was bothering to talk to him,

"What's a cutie like you doing at a party all alone?" The man asked flirtatiously, stepping closer to Jay.

"Excuse me?" Jay shrunk back with a annoyed look on his face. Before Jay was able to explain that he had a boyfriend, the man was already close enough that Jay could smell his heavy breath. Jay cringed at the strong alcohol scents. The man put a hand on Jays hip. Jay was about to yell at him about personal space but Cole beat him to it. He grabbed the mans shoulder, pulling him off of Jay. Jay sighed in relief as he recognized his boyfriend.

"Who are you?" The man scoffed.

"His boyfriend. And if you talk to him ever again I'll break your nose." Cole spoke calmly, tightening his grip on the boys shoulder. He pushed himself away from Cole and walked off quickly.

"I-I had it handled." Jay spoke up, all signs of confidence disappearing with his stutters.

"And I wanted to break his kneecaps." Cole said matter of factly.

"I guess it a good thing this played out the way it did then." Jay spoke, cracking a smile.

Cole nodded. "Let's get out of here." He made sure to stay close to his boyfriend, there hands clasped together as they left the party.