Chapter 10: Last One Standing

Hanji's POV

Since that day, me and Levi got along. He wasn't as bad as he used to be. Well... Only for me. You can still hear him call his friends names or even insult others. He's still late but seldoms talk back to the teacher. He has changed.

We walk together to school with him carrying my bag for me. We would share lunch and also do homework together. I don't know what bad thing would happen now.

But I guess things can't be avoided, yeah?

Just as we were walking down the halls, Erwin blocked our way... Here we go again... He pointed his finger at Levi.

"You... You're here again.", he muttered outloud.

"Yeah so what? Not like school's gonna make my eyebrows grow as big as yours.", Levi said softly and calmly but his hold on my hand grew tight.

"Listen her shorty. Hanji doesn't deserve you! It's either me or Moblit only you understand that?!", Erwin demanded.

"How many times shall we repeat this situation you keep on starting? I told you it's just a valentine! Don't ruin this 10th chapter of our life!", Levi said a little bit louder than lately.. Damn... Fourth wall break...

"Heh. Look at your heights. It's not a good match."

"I don't care if I'm short. At least I'm not a repetitive radio like you that doesn't admit his defeat."

"Fine! I challenge you!"

"On what..."

"One on One basketball. Just you and me."

"When?"

"Later."

"Accepted."

I looked at Levi and he has this pissed stare. I calmed him down. "Now Levi, are you sure about this?"

He looked at me with his normal face saying, "Yeah. Better than another bear up in his face.". He then turned back at Erwin. "See you there."

Erwin turned around and walked away not saying any farewell words. Just plain silence.

"Don't worry Levi. I'm cheering you on.", I said as I wrap my hands around his arms.

Levi's POV

Later that day, me and Hanji went ahead to the gymnasium. Erwin and his gang were with him. I looked behind me knowing that my friends aren't there. I looked back at Erwin.

"I've arrived eyebrows.", I said with an unamused face.

His gang went to the side making way for us to move around. Hanji also went and stepped aside, watching from a distance.

Erwin started dribbling the ball while looking at me sternly.

"C'mon shorty. Show me what you got."

I took my jacket off and threw it aside. I then got my position ready. He was still dribbling, waiting for me to steal it. I stepped over and tried stealing the ball but he went quickly ahead not making me to make even a touch.

He headed towards my ring and is about to shoot but I blocked the ball and grabbed it for me. I dribbled it until I reach his ring but he cheated. He pushed me to the side hard making me lose balance.

I fell to my side and I sprained my left leg and I tried bearing the pain. Erwin walked over to me with the balk at his hand. He pressed his foot on my back.

"Looks like I win... shorty.", he said. He headed towards my ring, slowly, knowing that there is no way I can still run. But he's wrong.. I'll do anything for Hanji.

I struggled standing up and ignored the pain. I ran up to Erwin and steal the ball, shooting it to the other ring, earning my point.

"A cheater never wins Erwin. Accept it. If she doesn't like you, she doesn't", I yelled...

Hanji's POV

Levi won. But the pain in his face got me flinching slightly. I walked to him and help him stand straight. I looked at Erwin with a slight angry expression.

"You never learn Erwin...", I said as me and Levi make our way out.

All of this for a valentine.. Thinks got complicated...

On our way, we bumped into Moblit. He seemed happy and sad both at a time. He knew about all that challenge and why all this really started.

"Hanji. I understand you don't want to be my valentine. You deserve Levi better... I hope you're happy.", he said, starting to walk away.

I stood silent. Then said, "Moblit wait!". He looked behind him. "Hey Moblit. Wanna go get ice cream?"

"Sure.", he smiled.

Me, Levi and Moblit went and bought ice cream. The two boys got along together. I was glad. No harm done between them.

This valentine has went a bit harsh... But everything turned out fine..

I looked at them, putting ice cream at each others' faces. I just smiled and stared but it got cut as they put ice cream on mine.

"E-eh?! Not me.", I said, giggling. Both of them put more on my face instead and we looked like 'cream monsters'. Heh...

I never want this to end... But I guess it might after valentine. Levi might not notice me again... I dunno...

But I need to enjoy every second...