CHAPTER 13 : Finding Her

"Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother."

-Khalil Gibran

●○Torrin○●

My head hurts.

It feels like someone jammed it into the door, making sure to forceful slam it, repeatedly.

My eyes open and the brightness of the destroyed Museum, causes them to shut again. After a minute goes by, I repeat my movement, this time succeeding. Sitting up, red liquid pours down onto my lap, and pain makes its presence known. "Fuck." I curse, realizing how deep the bite wound is. Normally, if I was hurt I'd heal within seconds. But this being a Demon bite, it would take days, maybe even months to heal. Taking in a harsh breath, I force myself to stand up fully.

My head throbs and pulses in my skull. My brain feels like it's about to explode. The memory of Natasha being dragged away plays over and over in my mind.

"No, Natasha. Don't you fall asleep!" I shout at her, my body freezes.

"Too late." Her mother says, in a taunting voice. She lowers herself to my position.  "Don't worry prince, I'm going to take really good care of the demon."

I glare at her, my jaw hardening. "You're the demon." I sneer. "If you harm a hair on her body, I'll make it my top priority to rip your throat out!"

Natasha's mother stares at me for a second, before her lips twitch up to a smirk. "She has you by the balls doesn't she?" She questions, shaking her head. "The future king of the monarchy got his balls taken away from a pure demon." She scoffs. "Who would've ever thought this day would come." Her hand pulls at my chin, the horrid scent of filth fills my nose. "Heed my warning prince, make amends with your father and forget about this demon."

"She's not a fuckin demon!" I shout, having enough. I'm not feeling so paralyzed anymore, I can feel my toes start to move.

She chuckles. "Mixed breeds, always so angry." Her eyes darken. "But in this case, you get it from your mother."

My ears perk up as I stare at her with wide eyes. "What the hell do you know about my mother?"

"I know a lot about your mother, I even know that her soul couldn't go to its rightful resting place because your father has it." She smiles at me. "He loves to torture the little angel, even lets me have a go at her sometimes." Natasha's mother leans in. "But enough about your mother, I'm more fascinated about the demon who's been in your head for so long." She touches my head, whispering in my ears. "She's getting stronger each second she stays trapped in that big head of yours, Torrin. She's very hunger and  sooner or later she'll get out." Her eyes turn to Natasha's unconscious body on the ground. "And the first person she'll feast upon is the one who has your heart."

Taking her proximity to my advantage, I slam my head into hers. Her head tilts back as she moans in pain. "You stupid prince!" With the force of her demonic powers, she kicks me in the stomach, sending me flying across the room. My head hits the nearest wall and my vision becomes blurry.

"Natasha," I mutter, lazily.

"Stop fussing prince." Natasha's mother says. "Sleep." Natasha being dragged away is the last thing I see before falling asleep.

My boots saunter on the ground as I walk down the sidewalk of Beckton. The hot air blows in my face, making it harder to keep focus. Rubbing my eyes to remove the sand form it, the bleeding from my shoulder continues. Both blood and sand become a mixture in the ground.