Chapter 1 - Maybe running away wasn't the best decision

"You are one cold bitch, you know." was the first thing he said when you opened the door, an irritated smile on his handsome face.

His statement made you scoff incredulously and made you want to cry at the same time. If you were cold than he was freaking heartless.

Five days, it had taken him five days to finally catch up to you. Instead of answering him you shut the door of your rented room on his face only to find him standing right behind you as you did. Demons, you cursed inwardly.

"Oh come on now witchy, that was pathetic even for you," he commented on your useless actions when you turned around.

"Can't you tell Kim, it means I wanna be left alone," was your dry reply to him.

"Why is that? Five days ago you decided you no longer wanted to be the protector of the world," he said coming closer to invade your personal space as you tried to walk past him.

His dark eyes were intense different from his usual playful but you were very familiar with the look in them. You were always in the receiving end of this gaze after all but you could tell it was different this time; while other times it was because the two of you were arguing or disagreeing over almost everything, this time it was personal. You had somehow offended Kim Taehyung by running away from home.

"the others can protect Hailey fine without me," you said never looking away from his eyes even though you wanted to, as much as you would liked to say that his demeanor wasn't intimidating, that would be lying because Kim Taehyung was scary when he was angry.

"Oh yes, your siblings went bat shit crazy after they found you missing from home with nothing but a letter you left behind," he exhaled loudly like he was trying to remain calm moving closer. Your breathing hitched at the close proximity but you didn't let it show. You never wanted to let him know the effect he had on you.

"What are you up to Argia (your last name)? you really did a number on that cloaking spell, it took me five days to find you. What are you trying to hide?" he asked licking his lips.

That I'm pregnant and you knocked me up and I'm pining over you for a weeks now but you would never love me back. That was what you wanted to say but you couldn't do that which was why you ran away from home after all because you never wanted him to know and you didn't know what you would tell your family.

" I'm tired of being the one who has to clean up the mess made by you and your kind. I need a break. I'm pretty sure Hailey would understand, she is my sister after all" you lied.

In truth you knew it was irresponsible of you to leave your duty as the guardian witch just because you wanted to avoid running into Taehyung. It was your responsibility to protect your family and the world as the high witch of the house of light.

"Your lying skills are just as bad as your ice skating skills," he pointed clicking his tongue, you noticed how his fists were balled at his sides.

You gaped at him in disbelief, he had promised that he would never ever mention your embarrassing ice skating incident but then again you were stupid to believe that he would ever keep that promise he was Kim Taehyung after all what else had you expected.

"Wow, you are unbelievable..." you started but was cut of by Taehyung.

"Oh no, you are unbelievable for running away from home because you are too much of a coward to face me," your blood ran cold at his words. He knew. What did he know? You felt the world was spinning so fast that you would get a whiplash. Your heart was pounding so loudly, you crossed your arms to deafen it but you knew he would hear it loud and clear.