Chapter 3

2 days later...

That Friday.

Finally it was the 13th, I've been looking forwards this day.
I'm finally traveling with Jack towards Camp Crystal Lake.
His mates were coming too, it honestly excited me!

Meeting new people and having an amazing friend by my side.
I never really had done or gone out with others before.
Nothing really interested me what others from my age did.
I mean, come on, it was always the same story.
They couldn't control their hormones.

I was pretty much a loner since people found me boring or normal.
But that doesn't matter the slightest, atleast I can have fun without the influence of alcohol or drugs.
I'm glad I've met Jack. He's different from the rest.
But his friends? I have no idea yet.

I think it would be fine if I had to be honest with myself.
I mean someone like Jack wouldn't befriend such pathetic beings, right?

A smile formed to my lips.
Ofcourse Jack isn't like that, it would explain enough that he kept fighting against the tortures he went through due other people who thought the different were a waste of space and air.

Gently I closed the cover of my case as I hummed a soft melody with a smile upon my face.
My case were filled with all sorts of clothing pieces, my brush, some shampoo, toothpaste and other necessary stuff.
Silently I went downstairs with my case.

I were wearing a brown t-shirt along with dark blue trousers and black combat boots.
My beautiful golden, blonde locks hanging loose and covering almost my entire back.
I scanned the living room only to set my gaze upon my mother who was smiling.

Atleast she was in a great mood, I couldn't bare or trust to leave her alone if she'd be in a depressed state..

"You're so beautiful, my lovely darling. And I'm so happy that you made friends around your age for once. Hopefully more, judging the way you talked about this 'Jack', it could've been your future husband." She winked at me along with a soft chuckle.
My face grew red out of embrassement, "Mom, we're nothing but friends. And I've only known him for a few weeks, I can't fall in love with someone on such a short notice." I rolled my eyes, acting a little up due the awkward situation I were brought into.

"Maybe there's hope for the future." My mother shrugged.
"Yeah.. Maybe.." I groaned in annoyance, clearly uncomfortable.
That was until I heard a car honk.

I snapped out of my thoughts.
"Oh! They're here. I have to go!" I quickly moved towards the lady who were standing in front of me, embracing her before letting her go and turning around.
"Okay, have fun darling! And be good, I love you." She yelled in a cheery tone only for me to nod.

"Love you too." With that I left through the front door.
To my prediction, Jack indeed was there.
I had no idea he actually could drive a car or had a car in that matter.
I just shrugged it off and approached the black vehicle.

"Morning Jack." I greeted the auburn haired man, only for him to give a heartwarming smile in return.
"Morning Amanda, how's it going? Come on, step in!"
He yelled with excitement in his tone.

"I'm doing good." I moved towards the back of the car, Jack noticed.
"Hey? You do realize you can sit here in the front seat, right? I don't bite."
He chuckled at his own little comment only for me to playfully roll my eyes and open the car's door, moving into the seat next to Jack's.
Buckling myself in.

His chocolate brown orbs were gazing upon me with kindness in them.
I just returned the gaze.

The silence was making it quite awkward.. So, I decided to break it.
"So, who's coming exactly?" I asked only for Jack to reply, "Oh, people you probably don't even know. But if you're asking me; it's pretty much you and me, Jenny, Bart and Brandon."
Jack smiled, "Although I must mention Brandon is a bit of a pervert. It's better to stay away from him."

My expression turned to pure disgust, "Well, don't expect me to not kick him into the balls once he decides to flirt with me."
A warm chuckle emerged from Jack's throat, "Don't worry, I can't judge you. It honestly would be a hilarious sight in matter of fact."

"Good.." I smiled warmly at him.

With that we drove off..
Up to Crystal Lake.

It indeed took us exact 2 hours of traveling till we reached our destination.
It probably would be early in the afternoon by now.

Jack turned off his car, "Come on, we still have to set up our tent and create a fireplace so we won't get cold at night and we could roast some marshmallows."
A soft smile formed to my lips, nodding at him.

With that we left the car and I followed after him.
Opening up the trunk of his car as he took out a large backpack and my case.
"They should be here anytime soon, come on let's find a nice place to set our tent up."

"Sure thing." I'd nod with a smile.
Both of us went and entered the campsite.
It was... gorgeous!
A bright smile found it's way on my face and my dark green orbs sparkled with a childlike excitement.
I were snapped out of my thoughts by Jack's voice.

"I found a nice spot!" He sounded from a distance.
I moved my gaze towards his direction.
It was indeed a nice spot. It was located underneath a gaint pinetree which would prevent the tent from overheating.

"Amanda, will you set up the tent? I'll keep a look out incase anyone of our group arrives."
I nodded with a bright smile, butterflies in my stomach.
I am excited for this. "You can count on me!" I said with a cheerful tone.

He smiled at my form, his eyes filled with kindness and warmth as he mouthed a soft 'Thank you' before taking off.
His footsteps slowly getting muffled as he went further into the green scenery.

Here I were, all by myself.
It's not like it bothered me, in matter of fact it was pretty peaceful, I heard the birds sing and the wind howl through the trees.
A happy sigh escaped my lips as I went ahead and started working on setting up the tent just like Jack asked me to.

But something felt.. off.
I felt a pair of eyes upon my back, as if someone was watching me from a distance.
A heavy feeling of paranoia started building up, clouding my mind.
I quickly whipped my head backwards in order to see if someone were actually watching me.

No one was in sight, so I shrugged it off thinking it was just me being silly.

A soft sigh left my lips, all I could hope for is for Jack to return as soon as possible.
For some reason I felt extremely uneasy.
The feeling of being watched just wouldn't go away.

And that was once I heard a twig snap..

Crack!

My heart started pounding wildly against my ribcage.
"Jack..? Is that you?" I asked out of concern.
I however, gained no reply.
My anxiety only gotten worse by now, a lump forming into my throat.

"Anyone..?"

Still, nothing..

I decided to shrug it off and went ahead and worked further onto setting up the tent.

However.. a figure appeared from the trees, it was my luck that it took off.

But for how long..?