Baby, We Could be Enough

I'm not strong enough to stay away

Can't run from you

I just run back to you

Like a moth I'm drawn in to your flame

You say my name, but it's not the same

You look in my eyes I'm stripped of my pride

And my soul surrenders and you bring my heart to it's knees

And it's killin' me when you're away

I wanna leave and I wanna stay

I'm so confused, so hard to choose

Between the pleasure and the pain

And I know it's wrong, and I know it's right

Even if I try to win the fight

My heart would overrule my mind

And I'm not strong enough to stay away

Louis can feel his stomach twisting up in anguish and the nerves running through his veins. It's been a month since they broke up, -he hasn't seen him or spoken to him since- not even after the airport incident. He says he's fine when asked, Louis says that he's okay but truth to be told he feels like shit because he misses Harry every single minute of every single day, and he's so sad even breathing hurts.

They were fighting way too much and they both were hurting each other. They broke up before the public comeback of Eleanor and that first week was the most difficult: he cried almost every day. His trip to Jamaica with Eleanor was awful and pretending everything was alright and that he was living the happy life with her was ever worse. During one of those days, he tweeted "Always" and he uploaded a picture to IG with the caption "You". He knew fans were going to connect the dots instantly, but what's more, he knew Harry was going to know it was for him and that's what he wanted. He wanted him to know that he was always going to be the one. When he returned from Jamaica everything started going to hell even more. As if he haven't had too much shit already, when he arrived and landed at the airport, he fucking got arrested and that was the cherry on the top for what it was an absolutely trashy week. One would think that he had the time of his life in Jamaica or that he relaxed- Well, he didn't. It was horrible.

Louis rings the bell and waits, twisting his fingers nervously, a habit he wishes he could shake. After what it feels like ages, Harry finally opens the door, and when he sees him can tell Harry's been crying, too. He knows him way too well not to notice his swollen eyes and the way he looks after he bawled his eyes out. He knows him too well not to know the shade of red his cheeks turn when he's been sobbing.

Harry awkwardly waves him in, he'd never have imagined he'd have to have Harry's for permission to enter this house not when they used to live together. They stand in silence for a while, uncomfortable silence filling up the room.

"Uhm...I packed your stuff so you didn't have to, " Harry finally says and Louis can see the boxes resting next to kitchen table. It hits Louis then, and his chest tightens because it means this is really happening, because it means they are really moving on from each.

"Oh, thanks you-you didn't have to," Louis replies, trying to keep his voice from breaking. Harry notices and takes a step forward.

"Are you okay?" he asks and Louis wants to laugh because it's so obvious that he is not, but he's not in the mood to fight.

"I will be. I have to be" he smiles numbly

"Okay, so..." Harry starts saying. "Uhm-I hope you do great in your life, Lou. And I hope, uhm, that your dreams now really come true because you really, uhm, deserve and even-even if—"