一; One

⸢ your point of view ⸥

The airports were decently sanitary and they had a certain smell to them, one I knew all too well. But instead of thinking about the smell of the airport my mind was focused on getting on my plane and in the air as soon as possible. I gladly would leave America as soon as possible, it ached me to be taking so long to go home.

The speaker went off as I walked,

"Flight 4323, gate F1 international to Shanghai, China. Gate change to gate F4"

A smile formed across my lips, even though my parents would be aggravated by the "inconvenience" this was I couldn't help but let my mind wander to the small reminder the gate name brought me to home. F4 was the name they called my old friends the four boys who ruled Ming De University, and the reason I was going home without a fight. To be honest, I fought everywhere my parents brought me except when they let me go home. Oh, and I get to attend Ming De with my friends so I was happy. Well happy enough to deal with the side effects.

I finally arrived at the gate, taking a photo of the sign and smiling. I opened up the messages on my phone and clicked 'new message', and clicked on the contact name 'Ximen'. I sent the photo (above) of the gate sign and wrote the message, "I'm coming home". I knew it was early there so I didn't expect a reply as I turned my phone into Airplane mode. I boarded my flight since I had first class and sat in my seat, I thanked the flight attendant who set up a curtain between me and the other passengers which was built into the area above my seat. It was a request by my parents if I were to fly, they didn't want me to be stared at. I always shrugged it off, but this time it would help with photos.

I took my phone out of my pocket and opened up my camera taking a photo of myself while doing a finger heart. I choose the best photo out of the three I took and deleted the others. I waited until we were in the air and connected to the Wifi I bought before and went onto Instagram. I posted the photo with the caption,

"Hey there, Ming De University I'm coming home! Watch out!"

I posted the caption in a few other languages which I picked up due to my parent's business and their habit of making me travel with them. But despite trying to hide the thoughts in the back of my mind with happy quotes, pictures, and reading comments the unavoidable thing happened. I thought of the worst scenarios when I got off the plane, that despite sending my flight info to Ximen and Si no one would be there when I got off. Then my mind wandered to a specific person being away, lei, I shuddered at the thought and tried to forget. Despite my efforts, it came back into my mind, what if he was off on a date with a girl and didn't bother to show up? I got to the point where I was about to break down when the flight attendant came and asked if I wanted any food and after politely declining I decided to sleep. I plugged in my headphones and turned my playlist on and within seconds was out like ice.

I woke up and noticed it was significantly brighter than when I woke up to see that I had already gone through my 16-hour flight. I took a sigh of relief, I guess not sleeping finally caught up with me. I looked at my phone to see that I had three messages that just arrived, as I got off the plane I opened each one.

Ximen: Sorry! Can't make it, but I miss you and can't wait to see you~

I sighed opening the next one,

Meizuo: So sorry, can't be there. Talk to you soon! hugs

I almost cried and then I read the last one,

Si: I'll not be able to make it, but don't worry I'll beat you up soon!

I felt like breaking down, but I was in public and just wanted to be home. That's when I realized that Lei didn't even message me, not even a "Welcome home" message. And it felt like I was being stabbed a million times over again. So I pulled myself together adjusting my bag and walking through the Terminal and going to the area just before the part people wait for family members at by baggage claim. Before I could go around the last bend I stopped and sat against the wall, having a mental breakdown. To ensure my car would be there and that I wouldn't get mobbed by people I texted my driver and asked, "Car ETA" (ETA - Estimated time arriving). The response was shocking, "Was not informed, you will have to take a cab".

I dreaded cabs, they were filthy and had a distasteful smell to them. I felt like my day could not possibly get any worse until I decided to just push through it, I had to if I wanted to get home. I was tired and felt sick that my friends weren't coming, one didn't even reply, and that now I had to take a taxi ride home. I took a breath and prepared myself to round the corner, and I did round the corner (Very Slowly). I then saw three familiar figures standing there with huge smiles on their faces. It was Si, Ximen, and Meizuo! I was overjoyed and ran to towards them as they also rushed to me. We all embraced but after the initial happiness of them being here it set in, one of them was missing. Just like I feared, Lei was missing. The pain and panic set into my heart and I stepped back looking over and making sure I didn't mistake it, but no he wasn't there. I looked to Ximen, who other then Lei was my best friend, and asked trying to not make my voice sound sad,

"So is Lei out with a girl, or?"

He replied with words that felt like daggers going into my heart,

"I don't know he just said he had something important to do."

I nodded in understanding and turned my head to the ground when I heard my name called from behind the pillar. Out walked Lei, with a smile on his face. He stopped a few feet away from me where the rest of the boys stood. Si went to inform me,

"Don't be offended Y/N if he doesn't hug you, he doesn't touch people anymore"

I nodded and turned to the baggage port seeing that my one bag was arriving I walked towards the port and then felt a pair of arms wrap around me, I turned around as they released to see Lei smiling. He bent down to my height and whispered,

"I'm glad your back, I missed you"

[END OF CHAPTER]

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this! I am really thankful for the support you all showed the original 'Starry Eyes' and I hope you can love this one just as much if not more! Once this is completed I hope to either give it a finished end like what was to happen in book 2 or make a second book to accompany it! Anyways I hope you liked this chapter it was a lot longer than the original first chapter!!

Love,

Undercover Angels

Original Word Count: 462 Words

Rewritten's Word Count: 1,283 Words