1 On The Run

Sweat dripped from my brow. My lungs burning and begging that I stop to catch my breath.

The moon continuing to rise over the apartment buildings as the hours went on. It's light kissing my face as it was a full moon tonight.

However, that only added to the eerie feeling I had as I was being chased by a stranger.

Hearing a gun shot ring out and shortly after feeling that blast of wind past my ear kept me going.

They found me again.

All that matters now is that I keep running. I didn't even have time to settle down here anyways. I'm not even a fan of the city.

I think my next attempt at a hiding place is going to be a little different.

Just as wolves howling to the moon is only second nature, my head and lungs continue to scream for oxygen.

I no longer hear the pounding of the man's foot steps behind me. However, I don't trust that he's gone and even if he is, he might not be for long.

I thrust the hood of my jacket up over my head and hid the strays hairs that have fallen out of my hair tie as I've ran. Then made a mad dash and sharp turn to the small bus stop pavilion, hoping and praying they arrive before he does.

As I sit on the bench, I draw my legs up to my chest as my whole body shakes and I gasp for air, trying to slow my breathing and stay as quiet as possible.

I'm so sick of running.

So I'm writing this chapter as a sort of sampler chapter to see if people like my book. I guess just let me know what you think. I'm also going to begin writing on Quotev.com if y'all want to check that out, message me here and I'll give you my profile.