Chapter three: Can't Escape

*Slades P.O.V.*

    It feels like I can't escape" her" especially after seeing Quinn today,those pure innocent blue eyes look so much like her eyes. Now those eyes keep popping up in my head more than they usually do, I shouldn't have even talked to Quinn today. I should have just ignored her, but something stopped me, maybe it was the fact that she didn't look at me with  sympathy like everyone else, or hatred  like my sister. Whatever it was it's not going to happen again, she seems like the snobby,popular type. I can't be with another Madeline again, last time I was with a girl like that it got the girl I really loved killed. I don't really want to walk in the lunch room, I don't want to face Madeline. I haven't had any classes with her yet so she hasn't had a chance to try to win me back yet.

         Oh well I may as well get this over with,I take a deep breath and push open the door. As soon as I do everyone especially Madeline looks up at me with those sympathic eyes. I walk in with my head down to a table in the corner of the room. In the middle of lunch I feel a tap on my shoulder I look up expecting Madeline, but its not her instead I find Quinn standing there smiling her pretty little smile.  Even though she's probably another Madeline ,I still can't help but admire her beauty. She beats Madeline in that department by far, I'll bet she will soon take her place. I kinda can't wait to see that happen maybe it will teach her a lesson, I turn around and put my head back down on the table ignoring her.

        " Excuse me you did not just do that!" She snaps.

        " Oh but I did sweetheart now will you please just go, I hope you know your barking up the wrong tree." I say annoyed.

        " Who says I wanted to date you, I just wanted to be your friend since it seems like you don't have any!" Quinn exclaims.

        "Sure you do,  listen why don't you go talk to one of those jocks over there I'm sure they will lead you to the popularity your looking for." I point at the table across the room.

        " Wow your just like everyone else judging a person by how they look, I thought you were different that's why I wanted to be your friend ,but no your an asshole!" She then slaps me hard across the face, then she stomps out of the lunch room.

        I'm left there feeling shocked I can't believe she slapped me, maybe I was wrong about her dang it I feel pretty crappy now. I probably should go after her and apologize but then what, we become all buddy, buddy. She deserves a better friend than me that's for sure, I don't deserve friends I'm better off alone. Then again I could still say sorry and maybe convince her that we can't be friends.

        I run outside the lunch room and go looking for her. I find her at the entrance to the school with her knees pulled up to her chest. She looks up at me as I approach her, she gets up and is about to run off again but I grab her arm and stop her.

        " What do you want, I thought I was some stupid snob that you couldn't bother with!" She snaps.

        " I came to say sorry, I shouldn't have judged you like that." I say feeling even more guilty now that I see her red rimmed eyes.

        " Yeah you shouldn't have , you don't know me and after what you said, you never will bye." She flicks me the bird as she walks away.

        I try to go after her but it's no use she won't forgive me, it's not like she should anyways. For some reason though I feel empty after what I said like maybe something amazing could have happened between us. Then again I probably would have just hurt her in the end, I always hurt everyone in the end. The bell rings then and I head off to my next class with dread.

        After school is over I head out to my silver Convertible, on my way there though I run into Madeline. As soon as she spots me, I see her pretty forest green eyes light up. I take a second to take her in, she has  pretty light red hair, pale skin, and a hot curvy body but not nearly as hot as Quinn's. Wait did I just say Quinn's, I still haven't gotten her out my thoughts curse her beauty.

        " Hey Slade your looking good, have you been working out?" She says giving me a once over.

        " Really is  all you ever think about is looks!" I snap already annoyed at our conversation.

        " No Slade I love you for more than that ,Slade your my everything." She says sadly.

        " You mean I'm your everything because I helped you get popular right?" I ask with a smirk.

        " Slade don't say that I love you so much, I just don't understand why your acting like this?" She crys.

        " It's your fault and my fault for her death, If you hadn't pushed me into saying what I said she wouldn't be dead right now!" I yell stomping off my to my car.

        " I didn't mean for that to happen Slade I was just jealous,I thought you loved Lillian more than me, but I was wrong right?" She asks with hope in her eyes.

        " Never say her name again and no you weren't wrong I did love her more than you ,I always will." I reply coldly. The hope in her eyes go away and the tears are back again. I feel guilty for a second ,but I push that feeling away and walk to my car. I wait for my sister as soon as she's there I drive home in silence neither of us talking. 

___________________________________________________

I hope you liked this chapter lots of drama happened. I know he's acting like a jerk right now but he will get better in the next couple of chapters where you will be able to see the real him :]