Chapter 3 - How To Save A Life

A/N Short chapter kiddies :)

Where did I go wrong, I lost a friend

Somewhere along in the bitterness

And I would have stayed up with you all night

Had I known how to save a lifeHow To Save A Life, The Fray

CHAPTER 3

**NIALL’S POV**

I run towards her lifeless form. She is breathing. Just. She is just lying there. I have just realised how thin she is. Just skin and bones, no amount of fat has spread over her limbs. Her cheeks are gaunt and hollow; her eyes have dark shadows under them. This is a person who has been living it rough for a long time. People said that Zayn looks homeless because of his hair. They know nothing.

“Lads, call the hospital!” I shout to them and continue to find a pulse. My fingers trail along the raised white scars on her shoulders, chest and arms. My eyes widen slightly. Her wounds have gotten infected and there is a large purple bruise blooming across her collarbones. My stomach turns, she has been abused nearly to the point of death.

“Niall, you can’t do anything til the ambulance comes” Louis says, taking one of my shoulders in his hands. I just can’t tear my eyes away from her broken and scarred form. It looks like she has sprained her ankle from the slightly twisted position it is in. Another thing to add her long list of pain.

“B-but Lo-” I stutter, my mind racing into overdrive by what I’ve seen in front of me. I know that there are homeless people, I know people hurt others but this is insane. She hardly looks over the age of 17. Small, thin, delicate.

“Niall, there’s nothing to do, she looks half dead anyway” Liam says softly, crouching beside her lifeless form, stroking a bit of greasy, black lank of hair away from her forehead, exposing flecks of dried blood. I break out into sweat, the poor kid.

I hear distant sirens, hopefully for her. To my surprise, I start muttering a slight prayer. I don’t really believe in God but this time is different. The world spaces out for a second as she stirs weakly then passes back into unconsciousness. But in those few seconds I saw her eyes.

Her golden-green eyes.