chapter 6- bar & grill

im so excited to see ruel perform for the first time. i know he is talented with a guitar but if his voice is as good then im prolly gonna have a heart attack!
we arrive at the venue/ bar and grill. we get out of his jeep and i kiss him on the cheek and wish him good luck. he goes through the back door to warm up his voice and i go to find coco and sylvie. we order some drinks and get ready for ruel to come on stage.
his opening act haley jorden wraps up all her equipment and welcomes ruel to stage. i can feel tears start to form as i stand up to cheer and clap him on stage with sylvie and coco.
'hello sydney and welcome to my first ever gig here in sydney. im going to start off with a classic and an oldie. younger.' he says as he gets ready to start. the crowd goes crazy as the band starts the intro of the song.
salty tears form in my eyes and stream down my face as i see how elegant his voice is. its so prefect. its so magestic and just perfect. there is no voice like that ever. he transitioned to dazed and confused and boy does he look like a natural born performer on stage. he dances like no ones watching and sings like no one is listening. he seems so comfortable up on stage. after he finishes dazed & confused he demands a break. he comes to find me, coco and sylvie. he orders a water from the bar behind me.
'how am i going?' he askes.
'your a natural born performer ruel. i swear you belong on a stage. your doing perfectly. your voice is so angelic. your dance moves are on point. im so proud of you!' i say as i get up to kiss him on the cheek and bring him into a huge hug.
he sculls his ice cold water and runs back on stage.
'now this song isnt one of my originals but it is by a close friend who has grown so quickly over the last 6 months. BELLYACHE BY BILLIE EILISH!!' he shouts as he collects his guitar from off stage and begins to strum the opening of the song. I begin to feel so drawn to his voice. it takes me to another dimension. it takes me to a whole new place. his voice is so moving.
he finishes bellyache and moves to not thinking about you. again he gets up and is jumping around and looking so comfortable. he transfers to say and he sits down for this song. its such an emotional song. when he sings it he sings with such emotion and someone has clearly hurt this perfect boy for him to be able to sing the song with such emotion and experience. he finishes his set an hour later and you can see how drained he is. we make our way back home and i begin to tell ruel hoe perfect he is. we pull into his driveway.
'get some clothes and come over my house asap!' i say and get out of the car and walk next door.
i find dad passed out on the couch and i wake him up so he can move into his bed.
'knock knock' i hear at the door and i open it and give ruel a huge hug.
'can i take a shower?' he askes.
'of course curtains, the door on the left of mine, ill cook us some dinner' i say as ruel moves up stairs. dumps his over night bag on my bed and goes to the bathroom to take a shower. i walk into the kitchen to see what i can make for dinner. i see that there is a nacho mix in the cupboard so i decide to make up some of my special nachos.
ruel comes down stairs in nothing but some sweatpants.
'i made some nachos, help your self. im gonna go get changed.' i say as i pass him the tv remote, 'find something to watch.' i say before i race into my bedroom. i remove all my makeup, tye my hair up in a messy bun and put ruels jumper he lent me on.
i come down stairs and see ruel munching on some nachos whilst watching some black mirror.
'started with out me did u,' i say making ruel turn and look at me.
'maddie you are seriously flawless!' he says with awe. i give him a quick kiss as i dig my head in his neck and watch the flim.

RUELS POV

maddie has fallen asleep resting her head on me. i try to move her head without waking her. i eventually free myself. i turn the tv off and return the dishes to the kitchen. i pick the little girl and take her upstairs and place her on her bed, pealing the sheets from underneath her. i give her a quick kiss on her forehead and plug her phone on charge. i go back down stairs and turn off all the lights and lock the house up. i walk up stair and see maddie gone from her bed. i feel a rush of emptyness i my throat. i close the door behind me and tears start to form in my eyes. i turn around to see maddie with a huge smirk on her face. she jumps and wraps her legs around my waist.
'dont you ever scare me like that maddie?' i say in all seriousness whilst she kisses my neck with her luscious lips.