three

three lessons passed by just like that without a teacher entering the class

three lessons passed by just like that without a teacher entering the class. the class president told them something came up and the teacher had to take emergency leave.

xue could care less about that. she walked out of their school gate but stopped halfway when she heard her name being called several times.

she turned around just to find na jaemin running towards her direction. "hey xue."
he smiled and she said hi back.

"sorry for this morning. i didn't mean to do that" he apologized, rubbing his nape. "it's ok really." she said awkwardly. she didn't know what else to say.

"do you want to walk home with me?" jaemin asked out of nowhere. "uh but we don't live near each other" xue said.

"mhm really? because the last time i checked we live in the same neighbourhood." xue's eyes bulged out at the mention of that. she never knew he lives near her.

"really?"

"yeah. come on now let's go." she nodded and they walked side to side. she didn't want to walk ahead of jaemin and she didn't want to walk behind him either.

none of them talked because the same goes for jeno, today was the first time they talked to each other. jaemin walked quietly too except that he kept on stealing glances from his side to make sure xue was beside him.

suddenly he felt as if his blazer was being tugged by someone. he turned to his side and found that xue was looking at him. she wanted to say something but she was hesitant.

"hey, what's wrong?" he asked with a soft voice.

"c-can we stop by the ice cream parlour? it's okay if you don't want to i'll just go by myself-"

"i didn't say we can't. come on." he flashed his smile and waited to cross the road.

attractive, she thought. he pulled her arm and crossed the road. the parlour was exactly across the road so xue didn't hesitate to let go from his grip and ran to the parlour to pick her favourite flavour.

"what flavour do you want?" jaemin asked.

"vanilla chocolate chips!" jaemin noticed that her eyes were glistening. she's still a kid. jaemin nodded and started to order.

"i'll have a cone of vanilla chocolate chips and a cone of butterscotch." jaemin ordered, flashing his attractive smile. he took out his wallet and was about to pay when xue stopped him.

"jaemin what are you-"

"it's ok i'll pay. consider this as an apology present from me." jaemin chuckled. xue could only shake her head. there's no point of arguing with him.

he's just as stubborn as jeno.

they got their ice cream and left the parlour. "thank you jaemin. you know.. for walking me home and buying this for me." she said raising her cone.

"no big deal." he shrugged. "what happened to your arms by the way? jeno told me they were pretty red when he applied the cream on them."

"oh, jeno told you that?" jaemin nodded. "well, i don't know either. it suddenly stung so bad i had no idea what was happening. i guess i'm okay now."

"how was history paper?" she noticed that he was trying so hard to keep the conversation between them keep on going. of course, if it was xue then they would probably fall into an awkward silence.

"it was alright." she answered shortly. "what about you?"

"not as hard as i expected it to be." he answered. well, that was because you cheated, her internal monologue shouted. she stopped herself before she kept on talking bad about him.

"good for you then." by then both of them finished their ice creams already.

"we're here." xue halt to a stop and same goes for jaemin. "i know." jaemin told her honestly. "see you at school i guess." she raised her shoulders.

"see you then." jaemin was about to walk away when xue stopped him. "wait!" jaemin turned and faced her again.

"i don't wanna sound like a stalker or anything but where's your house. it's only fair if you tell me yours too since you know my house." she explained.

jaemin pointed to a house that was two houses away from hers. "that near?!" she asked, shocked. "how come i never saw you?"

"well, that's because you don't pay attention to your surroundings. sometimes i see you walking around." he shrugged. she sighed feeling like a loser.

she really never paid attention to her surroundings.

"goodbye jaemin. thank you again." she smiled and he replied to her by nodding and smiling at her back.

he watched her get in her house safely then leaving to walk to his house.

as soon as she got back, she was about to charge her phone when an unknown number texted her.

unknown
hey xue
how's your hand?

ooOooO who's that :0