Chapter 5: Liam's Room Is Quite.... Interesting

When I entered Liam's room, I expected a nice neat bed with no messes anywhere and everything spic and span. I was terribly wrong. There were pizza boxes on the ground, cloths on the bed and stuff on the wall. I could tell Liam saw the look of disgust I was trying to hide.

"Sorry about the mess," he apologized. "I saw a spoon in my room this morning." I looked at him weirdly.

"A spoon," I said.

"A spoon," he replied. I had to hold myself together to keep from laughing.

"Go ahead and laugh," Liam sighed. I bust out laughing. After about 15 seconds of laughing, I stopped.

"So why did you freak out when you saw a spoon?" I asked, picking up some cloths.

"I'm terrified of them. I have a strange fear of spoons," he replied.

"Well I have a strange fear of traffic cones," I confessed. Liam laughed.

"Traffic cones?" he snorted. "What's so terrifying about traffic cones?"

"Everything," I said in a serious tone. Liam rolled his eyes as he started to pick up some cloths. "I was in sixth grade. I was running around in the parking lot when I tripped over a traffic cone and broke my wrist."

"And now you're terrified of traffic cones?" he laughed.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Quite tragic actually." Liam laughed. We worked for a while on his room. We occasionally found a spoon here and there, which Liam didn't even want to be near by, so I had to get rid of it. After a while, we stopped talking; creating a really awkward silence. Eventually, I couldn't take it anymore.

"So why are you scared of spoons?" I said, breaking the silence. 

"I choose not to talk about why I'm scared of them," Liam replied.

"Fair enough," I said. 

"I think we're done here," Liam claimed. "Just move that box into my closet and I'll be right back." I did as I was told, putting the box in the closet. I waited on his bed, feeling a bit awkward. After about two minutes Liam came back up with two mugs. He handed me one. It had hot chocolate in it.

"Where'd you get the hot chocolate?" I asked, taking a sip.

"I got it from Hogwarts," Liam replied, putting his down on a coffee table.

"Did you say hi to Harry?" I asked, playing along.

"Yep. We also had a cup of tea."

"Did you ask him about my acceptance letter?"

"Yes. He said Vernon burned it because it was sent on Sunday."

"But there's no post on Sunday!"

"Exactly!"

"Oh well. At least I can look forward to going to Camp Half-Blood right?"

"Yeah." Liam laughed. I smiled. Liam was like my best friend. I've never really had a best friend though.

"We're the two best friends," I sang.

"That anyone could ever have," Liam sang back.

"Wanna know a secret?" I asked him.

"Sure," he shrugged.

"You're my bestest friend in the entire X Factor. Besides Zayn."

"Sweet. Do you want to know a secret?"

"Yea."

"You're the nicest girl I've ever met."

"Well thank you. I try." Liam laughed.

"Are you and Zayn dating?" he asked.

"No. I wouldn't mind dating him though," I replied.

"Ooooo! You like Zayn!" Liam teased.

"Only as a friend."

"Or boyfriend."

"Shut up!" I threw a pillow at him. He dodged it, throwing three t-shirts at me. "Stop! We're going to destroy this room again. And I don't want to clean your room again.

"Yea. Plus we don't want the others to get the wrong idea. You should probably get heading back to your room. I don't think Abbey's going to be there," Liam said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I had her expelled from the X Factor," he replied. I did a double take.

"You banned her from the X Factor?" I gasped. "I didn't know you could do that!"

"Usually you can't but she violated the rules of the house," Liam explained.

"How'd she do that?"

"Threatening you."

"Oh. Well then... Thanks Liam!" I hugged him. "Night. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright. Night," he said. He hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I think I blushed. I walked out of his room, smiling like an idiot. Just as I rounded the corner to the dancer's room, there was Niall.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Just thought I'd stop by to tell you something, but you we're too busy with Liam 'doing things'," Niall sighed.

"W-We weren't doing anything!" I stuttered.

"Yeah whatever. I need to tell you something," Niall said. He looked at me. "If you want to hear it." He added.

"What do you want to tell me?" I asked suspiciously.

"It's about Claire," he said.

"What about her?" I questioned.

"She's missing," Niall told me.