prologue

in front of the wide, and quite frankly, too big but exquisite mansion was a vast, wide open area. the manor was indeed large and quite beautiful, but how does one take care of such a big place?

he scanned the place once more. it was more than what silence should be. at a place like this, it should be bustling with people, joyous laughter, and children playing in the courtyard.

that's why people should live in mansions, right? that's how he thought of it.

and in that moment, that's when he spotted something not exactly what he would've thought to see.

it was a girl.

a child, with untrimmed but silky blond hair. her complexion, pale and her clothes, dirty. she seemed to have been laying there a while.

she laid in a patch a grass. she seemed to be asleep, maybe.

he studied the girl, and without realizing it, he began to take a few steps closer to her.

no! this is not what i came here for!
he lightly shook his head and planted his feet stably into the pathed dirt.

after searching inside the enormous kingdom, stealing and robbing whatever seemed of value. he turned back to face the girl, the bag on his back full, his pockets crowded and yet he still didn't feel successful.

the sky came to be a darker shade of blue as the clouds began to leave, too. after all, it did take awhile for him to throughly search the place. and even then, he may of not even went into each room.

"hey!" he shouted angrily as he knew this wasn't going to be a good idea. "kid!" what was the point in this anyway?

he huffed, rolling his eyes as he trudged his way to the girl stubbornly. he really did not want to do this.

"what the hell are you doing just laying here?"

-

"damn you, why the hell did i even pick you up anyway?"

"whatever you say, erigor."