[f i v e.]

There was only one thing left to do before leaving Melbourne: Take photos with the cars.

With the new FIA regulations in place, the cars donned a simpler outfit. Aerodynamics, especially on the front wing, were dumbed down significantly to promote equal racing. The width of the entire thing increased, as well. Sure they were fatter and speeds were limited this year, but there was no denying that the machines were a beauty to behold. Naturally, Max loved showing it off, striking stupid poses and shamelessly dabbing like a nerdy four year old next to the proud 33 painted onto his nose cone. Him and Pierre were flailing about, making the rest of the crew crack up and the PR guys very happy.

Leaning against the halo of Max's car, the Frenchman managed between gasps, “We should visit our sister team.”

“Seriously?” Max snorted, “What for?”

“Kvyat and Burnouf should be doing a photoshoot, too.”

“Let's get our asses over there, then!”

The duo sprinted past several garages in the pitlane. From there they had only one goal in mind: photobomb the shit out of their juniors’ pictures.

Max jumped right between the lens and Kvyat the moment he got there, leaping across the field of view and sticking his tongue out like a kid. Pierre followed but landed a shot behind the Russian instead of in front, holding a peace sign high above his head while winking. Daniil rolled his eyes, trying his best not to chuckle, “I'm trying to look cool, you rat bastards!”

“You never look cool, Daniil,” the Dutchman teased.

“Well you aren't much of an eyecatcher, either! Now leave me and my beautiful car alone!” Kvyat resumed his modelling stint by flexing his bicep. The two Red Bull drivers could only attempt to save their sides by holding onto them, but with how they were now, nothing could stop them from hollering and cackling.

Out of the corner of his eye, Max noticed something a lot more interesting than Kvyat and his lame poses. In the next garage, mechanics were rolling out another Toro Rosso, and helping them from the rear was none other than the modest-looking Rosalie Burnouf. She was pushing against the base of the wing to angle the car correctly in front of the garage entrance.

“Alright,” the photographer announced once the machine was parked, “Rosalie, give me your chic-est, sexiest moves!”

She was in the midst of spacing out when he said that, and from being startled, she could only respond with a “what?”

“SEXY! Chic!” the photographer repeated.

The sudden request gave her no choice but to improvise. Her now being at the side of the car, she planted a foot on the tire closest to her. She arched her back, propped her elbow on that raised knee, and puckered her lips. She stayed that way for a few moments.

What. The. Hell.

“N-No. Ms. Burnouf… Maybe we can find a different pose…”

Max dropped to floor. He was rolling, tears streaming from his eyes, practically convulsing in a fit of breath-stealing laughs. No way. No way she was this awkward. That stance of hers.. Stiff in every place, uncomfortable from every angle-- And what the hell was that facial expression?! Sexy his ass!!

Burnouf broke from her posture when he collapsed, her head tilted in innocent confusion, “What is it..?!”

It was then when Max heard a different snicker come from nearby. When he looked up, he saw a man decked out all in red struggling to keep still as he stood.

Sebastian Vettel, hiding his face and keeping his hand on his mouth, had to stop mid-walk to the Ferrari paddock after seeing all the ludicrousness happening in front of him. His shoulders trembled, and the grip on his water bottle tightened. Max could bet that the German would give anything to return to those carefree days in Red Bull Racing. The golden years, winning four championships in a row, being practically untouchable - he wondered what it was like to be number one at age 23. He himself was 21, and there was no denying that the pressure to match that skill existed somewhere in the back of his mind.

The love for this team is still there, Max remembered saying to the German in Abu Dhabi during the 2018 season. Vettel never denied it.