JEON JUNGKOOK

AUTHOR'S POV

No longer filled with anxiety, Jimin confidently swiped his ID card, his face becoming illuminated in green. Pushing the heavy door open, he walked forward, before coming to an abrupt stop. The sound of crying was no what he had been expecting when he opened the door.

He pushed the cart out of the way, before cautiously approaching the small, shaking form that was huddled in on themselves in the corner of the dark room, the only light that guided Jimin to the form was the sliver of sunlight that escaped the closed curtains.

The crying form didn't seem to notice Jimin opening the door and approaching him.

Reaching out his hand, he rubbed it up and down the shaking figures back. Jungkook flinched as he made contact with him, and turned around. "W-who are you?" He asked, his voice cracking.

"I'll be your new nurse, you can call me Nurse Park." The nurse answered as softly as he could, continuing to rub it up and down the younger's quivering back.

"Don't touch me!" A sudden anger voice burst out from Jungkook. Jimin stared on as the patient stood up abruptly, turning to face towards him. "You are just like the others! Comfort me, and then get me to go there. I won't allow it! No! NO!" His voice raised in voice as his anger grew. "They told me to be careful. I trust them, not you."

Speechlessly, Jimin watched as Jungkook slowly repeated that phrase to himself, before the tears started to stream down his face once more. He can only silently wrap his arms around the shaking form as the other hugged him, still whispering to himself.

"L-let's get you to bed.. No?" Jimin tried to coax Jungkook into laying back into his white bed. Nodding silently, he let himself be brought to, and tucked into the fluffy blanket by the nurse.

Seeing Jungkook turn around to face away from him, while he curled in on himself allowed Jimin to feel a bit of relief. As quietly as he could, he crushed his medicine into power, before pouring it into a glass of water. He didn't want to scare Jungkook than he already seemed to be by being in the asylum.

In a way, Jimin saw himself in Jungkook. Scared, and unsure of who he was able to trust in. Because of that connection, Jimin made a silent pact to himself to keep a close eye on Jungkook, and genuinely try to help him, and make him gain trust in him.

"Jungkook?" He called out softly when the powder had dissolved into the water. He walked towards the figure in the bed as it slowly rolled over to face him. "Wanna drink this for me?" He held out the drink.

The patient stared deep into the blonde nurses eyes, before slowly reaching out his hand to grab the glass. Jimin could feel a small smile etch onto his face as he watched Jungkook drink the water, and in turn, his medicine. He reached out a pet his soft brown hair, before tucking some locks behind his ear.

"I promise you Jungkook, you can trust in me." He allowed a smile to grace his face as he saw the younger smile back at him. Grabbing the now empty glass, he said a kind goodbye to Jungkook before grabbing hold of his cart, and making his way out of the room.

A bzzt noise behind him told him the door was once again locked.

Making his way across the hall as he had finished with the right side, he stopped in front of door numbered 410. Grabbing the clipboard that sat in the bin beside the door, he read the information of the patient inside.

Kim Seokjin, 26. Severe Depression. Medication: Antidepressants.

A/N: I am not professionally educated in mental illness, or schizophrenia in this chapter's case, and therefore I apologize if Jungkook isn't acting exactly as someone properly diagnosed would be. This is only a fiction story, and therefore I apologize if it isn't accurate, it is simply how I wish to portray Jungkook's character.