01.

I watched as they buried him underground. Heard as the same song, our song, played over and over again.

"I'm sorry, baby boy." Said my mum, kissing my cheek. I starred at his tomb, the engrave.

Brad Evans. 1994-2014. Son, and almost husband.

I shook my head, and fell to my knees. Almost husband, almost husband. How dare they engraved that on there. Almost husband.

I wrapped my arms around the tomb, as if that was Brad. But it wasn't, it was just a piece of marble that will now forever mock me.

Almost husband. Because having to see your 'almost husband' die on your wedding day wasn't enough. No, they had to engrave it into his tombstone.

***

1 Year Later ─

When I woke up, I could feel the burning sensation in the back of my throat.

I lifted my sore head from my arms, and wiped the throw-up residue from my cheek.

"Morning." Said someone, cleaning the table next to the one I had passed out on. I read his name-tag, Louis.

"Hello." I said, looking away from him. I got up, and grabbed my leather jacket. Louis hummed as he cleaned the table, making my head throb.

"You know this is the third time you crashed here. I'm not sure my owner will appreciate me letting you stay." Said Louis, throwing the towel over his shoulder.

"Then why do you?" I snapped, looking around. The place must be closed because it was just Louis and I.

"I feel bad." He said, shrugging. "I think your having a bad time and--"

"Anyone who comes to drink is. What's the real reason?" I interrupted. Louis nodded, and looked away from my stern gaze.

"Look, you can ask me, but I won't answer. I have tables to clean." He said, and walked passed by me.

I grabbed his arm, stopping him. He looked up at me, scared. I looked down at him, and cleared my throat.

"Thank you." I whispered, not wanting to hear myself thank him. He smiled a bit, and nodded.

I let him go, and watched as he left. His ass making me bite my lip.

I scoffed, and shook my head. If Brad was here, he'd be yelling at me to stop. I looked out the window, and saw him. Saw Brad.

His big brown eyes smiling at me. Telling me to come to him, to go visit my mom with him.

"Brad." I whispered, my eyes watering. I took a step forward, and he quickly disappeared.

"Did you say something?" Said the Louis guy. I frowned, he's the reason Brad left.

"Nothing." I growled, and left. I pushed open the bars door and made my way to my car. I looked back at the spot Brad was.

If I had to have a hungover just to see Brad again, then that's exactly what I'll do.