II. Shooting Shots

"My dad called me today." Kim announced awkwardly while Marisol laced the back of her fashion nova dress. Kimberly's physique was the kind a video girl had in the early 2000's. She was modestly curvy and her facial features always made her beauty multiply no matter what she had on. However, Marisol insisted that she went all out and loaned her the outfit for the night.

    The girls shared a two bedroom condominium together in Woodland Hills. It was pricey but after Marisol practically begged her to split the rent, Kim found it hard to say no. They were living in the black Beverly Hills as some would say. It was in the heart of Los Angeles and it made Kimberly's search for clientele way easier. The community in itself was peaceful and a much needed change for a girl who grew up in the Marcy Projects.    

    On the flip side, Marisol had her motives for rooming with her best friend. Her income had become a bit spotty due to the game changing. Social media was slowly but surely starting to create a negative impact on her business. Promoters were beginning to look for entertainment that had a following. Some of these girls had a fan base of over 500,000 people on instagram which gave them instant appeal and notoriety over her even though she had about eight years under her belt.

    It was sickening thinking about the amount of dicks she had to suck just to get out of stripping, yet these twenty two year old girls were barely showing tits and being praised by men around the globe. Karinne Steffans wasn't shit but a book character to these niggas now and little old Marisol? She was about an ass shot away from just saying fuck it and quitting that lifestyle all together.

    That's why she loved the idea of living with Kimberly. She was too anal about things to let all her hard work go to shit. If Marisol was to slip up on some payments in the future, she was sure her best friend would cover her half of the expense out of fear of losing her luxurious abode.

    "Really?" She asked pretending to be interested as she knotted the end of the laces for the dress. "What did he say?"

    "Shit, I don't know. I didn't answer." Once Marisol was finished, Kimberly headed over to her vanity to work on her make-up. She didn't want to over do it but she had a few spots she wanted to cover up for the night. "I was in the meeting. Besides he hasn't spoken to me in almost twenty years.. I'm surprised at the fact I keep saving his number into all my phones. Hell, I'm a little shocked that it's still the same after two decades."

    "Decades? Damn when you put it like that he really not shit, Keeks. That's fucked up. Like sometimes I wonder what I would do if my dad wasn't in my life." It took a lot of effort for Kim to keep her silence but she did. Victor Santiaga was no saint himself. Marisol's mother was just too afraid to leave because he stayed on her ass. She was the neighborhood champ when it came to keeping a knot on her head. Besides, the dudes Marisol fucked with would probably die if they knew she had her daddy. She was scandalous in these streets.

    "Not trying to make it sound harsh, but that's really how long it's been? Imagine him trying to talk to your ass like he just got back from the store when you could've had your own kids by now." Marisol chuckled at the thought as she zipped the back of her clear boots. Kimberly only watched her through the vanity mirror before putting away her concealer. Sometimes her friend could be so cold.

    "I guess..." Irritation laced Kim's voice as she plugged in her curling iron.

    "Oh my god! Please don't start. Look I don't even know why you brought the shit up. We about to go out. Find yo' ass a man. Obtener tu cono mecido. Cheer up, mami." Marisol took the curling iron and began to work on her friend's hair as a form of apology.

    "It's been how many years and I still don't know what you be talking about." Kim was starting to warm up to her again. This was normal for the two of them. They bickered about little things, but in a split second they would be on to the next subject like there was never a problem. They were like sisters.