Not Guilty

"Easy pretty girl." Peter coos, trying to calm her down as he smoothed her arms with his big rough hands. Standing face to face with the young deputy, she squares her shoulders.

"Who?" She growls and the deputy points out the door to the man standing near his desk drinking coffee, all clean cut and really professional, but something panged in her heart, something that irked her about him. He radiated this egotistical feeling that made her aggrivated even as she walked through earlier. He stood at the desk chatting with another officer, 'yeah, I figured if they killed each other that'd be two less criminals walking this earth. Mahuna's a pity case anyway. He's got some girl saying that they were banging that night. Yeah I know, I don't really believe it but-'. She stalks up to him, and Peter watches proudly with a smug grin on his face, as she balls a fist up and swings hard across his face, connecting with his jaw and sending a bone chilling crack silencing the masses. Peter looks on as she stomps him to the ground, and realizes she's gotta stop. So with the deputy's permission, he and the deputy step out of the room and Peter rushes her, tackling her to the ground. She gives an awful shriek and starts beating at his chest. He had a few bruises from his tousle, but they didn't seem to hurt as she pounded mercilessly against his chest.

"Hey, hey, you need to calm down." He murmurs, one hand splayed against the floor, the other splayed across her chest. "I know. I know. I know it was wrong, okay? But you can't just punch people pretty girl."

"I just did." She spits, mouth pulled down into a grimace as presses her cheek against the cold floor. She couldn't look at him, because the more she looked the angrier she became. No one should get away with this, no one. Especially not a law enforcement officer.

"I'll have you arrested, you bitch." Peter breathes out heavily, and rises from his knee to tower over the deputy.

"Listen here, you so much as look at her the wrong way ever again, I swear to god, I'll go to jail for a murder I really did commit. Too bad you won't be there to see it." He growls, giving him the most fearless, terrifying grin he could have mustered.

"I'll have you know, I am the law!"

"You are the scum of the earth. You are the kid who got dirt thrown in his face on the playground and became a cop to ruin everyone's day. You can fuck off." A low guttural sound escapes him as he picks Aisleigh off the floor and they start out the front door.

"Your suit." She states, looking back over her shoulder.

"Fuck that suit. I'll go like this." He grumbles, arm wrapped around her shoulder so coolly. Giving a heavy chuckle, he mutters, "my little badass," and kisses her forehead.

They arrive at the court dressed as though they both had just tumbled around on the floor, and in their cases she supposed they weren't wrong. Ma looks on as Peter makes his way to the front table and gives Aisleigh a wink before facing back forward.

"We'd like to call Aisleigh Keahilo to the witness stand." His lawyer calls. She sashays up to the stand, proud as can be, like she just won the olympics and sits down. "I have paperwork stating that you and Mister Mohuna were arrested the night of the twenty-seventh, is that correct?" He asks, and smiles in return as she grins.

"Yes I was."

"You were arrested the night Mister Mohuna robbed the store, is that correct?" He asks and again she responds with a yes. "You and Mister Mohuna were arrested at what time that evening?"

"Around eleven pm."

"Can you tell me why you two were caught that night?"

"We were down at the lake, these three guys left as we were getting there. So we waited until we thought they were gone before we started drinking some vodka and wine coolers that Peter stole."