4 - once upon a dream

Anxiety's POV - Present Time

After I returned to the Mindscape, the first thing (or person) was Deceit. Strangely, he looked distressed. And of course, I found this suspiscious.

Silently, I followed him to the hallway that he went through. I felt uneasy as the silence grew and the shadows became darker. It has been a while since I went through a hallway that is usually used by dark sides.

With sudden loudness, Deceit struck a floor tile in front of him with his walking cane, stopping in his tracks. This caused me to jump a bit in fear. Immediately, I snuck into one of the open, unlit rooms in the hall and closed the door before he turned around.

After a few minutes, I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that he didn't notice me. I then proceeded to turn on the lights in the room.

To my surprise, the room, well, isn't exactly a room.

It looked like some kind of hidden nature sanctuary built just for me. Strangely, seeing so made me feel some kind of deja vu.

I cautiously stepped torward the broken gate in front of me and placed a hand on one of the bars. It was cold and smooth. It also has engraved symbols that I couldn't recognize, but are familliar.

I then walked towards the nearby pond and mini waterfall, kneeling near the edge. I ran my hand on the crystal clear water, making ripples across it. The water itself was beautiful beyond words. It had various shades of blue which fades to turquoise when it meets the grass at the edges, like watercolor.

I stood up with a smile creeping on my features as I walked over to the nearby tree with a swing hanging from it. The swing was a pristine white with intricate black patterns, supported by golden chains. The tree's bark was a dark brown which looks like dark purple a certain angle. The leaves are bizarrely colored with shades of green to a bit blue.

I sat on the swing and put on my headphones, letting myself fall into the music. I closed my eyes as moved the swing and lifted my feet off the ground, letting it rock me into a light slumber. Because of this, I haven't been bothered by the singing next to me.