Chapter 4: Objective + War Room

We all gathered in the war room, waiting for Matty to speak. Behind her was a ginormous screen, filled with faces. Matty looked at us, and then turned toward the screen, starting to speak.

"Two weeks ago, an ex, American, CIA  operative went missing, a few days later another undercover operative, along with his civilian family, were brutally murder

"Two weeks ago, an ex, American, CIA  operative went missing, a few days later another undercover operative, along with his civilian family, were brutally murder."

"So, the same people who kidnapped the Ex-CIA, killed the undercover and his family?." Jack asked.

"Nobody said anything about him being abducted, the missing Ex-CIA operative could have killed the family." I chimed in.

Everyone in the room turned to look at me, with a face of judgement. I can't be the only one thinking this, it's not like American agents haven't gone dark before. People change, stuff happens, view points and where people stand can take a turn for the worst, or for the better. That's what happens when you live a fight or flight  type life.

"What, sorry! I thought we were just throwing ideas around, without viewing all the facts." I said in a stern, yet sarcastic tone.

Macgyver chuckled, nodding his head while stating "she's right, we haven't heard, nor examined all the facts yet. Let's not be to rash on picking a stance."

I rolled my eyes in despair, why was he chuckling!? What I said was definitely not funny it was the honest truth. Why can't he just respect me enough to not bud in. I don't need his pity in backing me up, I can handle my own thoughts myself. I don't need him, I don't... anything him!?! Agh... this is going to be a long day, I thought to myself.

Matty Webber continued, pulling me out of my frustrating  thoughts.  "Well, that's what we need to figure out. What happened, who does it involve, and why did it happen? And if these two incidents are connected."

"It seems to me that you already think they're connected, or else that would have been the first question, not the last"  I said, questioning her.

"I do" she said looking directly at me, as if it was just me in the room.

There was a long period of awkward silence, till Jacked asked "So where do you want us to start, boss lady?"

Matty nodded her head, and gave the team our positions.

"Bozer and Elena, you will go check out the home of the disappearing ex-CIA operative, and see if you can find anything useful there. While Jack and Mac will go to the crime seem of the murdered undercover operative, and his filmily. Understood?" She asked looking directly at me, as if she was expecting a snarky remark to leave my lips.

But right when I took a gasp of air to speak, Macgyver cut me off.

"I'd actually like to show Elena the ropes on how we do things here at Phoenix, so do you mind if she's with me at the crime scene? No hard feelings, Jack."

"None at all, I see what you're doing" Jack respond in a upbeat southern accent, while lightly punching Mac on the shoulder.

They both turned to look at Matty, who's gaze was still fixed on me

"Whatever you think will acquire the best results and solve this mission swiftly" Matty said.

Both Mac and Jack separated, Jack went to stand next to Bozer and Mac came in my direction. We all looked at each other, for we were all prepared for battle, like the knights of the round table were for Arthur Pendragon. Except Matty was our Arthur, and Mac our Merlin.

"Alrighty, now that you've all settled in with each other, it's time to get to work. Riley and I will be assisting and looking for more clues, form here. Now go get this job done!" Matty declared.

And with that Macgyver, Dalton, Bozer, and I left the war room, heading to our respected locations.

I still can't get over that fact that Macgyver found it necessary to "buddy" with me, I was perfectly okay with Bozer. Seriously, I don't need Macgyver looking out for me.

Whatever, it is what it is. I have to do good on analyzing this crime scene, I need to prove my worth. Macgyver is not going to baby me through it, I know I can handle this on my own. I've been on my own, I'm not quite sure I'm a huge fan of this whole teamwork thing.