Carnival

It had been a while since Harry had taken me out on a proper date. We've been dating for two and a half years and things haven't been great. Don't get me wrong. Harry is a really amazing person and he is all that I could ever want and need. It just feels like we've lost the fire and passion we used to have when we started dating. When he asked me to go out with him tonight, I couldn't believe it and was so excited.

He decided to take me to the carnival that was in town. When we walked in he kinda seemed off but I tried not to let it affect us. It was a Friday night and it was pretty crowded. I reached for Harry's hand so that I wouldn't lose him but he immediately pulled away from me. I felt a tug at my chest from his reaction and looked up at him. He seemed unbothered as if nothing had happened so I tried to react the same way.

We walked around the carnival looking at the attractions and rides before trying to find the ticket booth. I noticed a pier right next to the carnival and wondered if Harry would like to check it out later. We arrived at the ticket booth and waited in line.

"Thanks for taking me out Harry." I say happily looking up at him.

"It's nothing." He says shrugging his shoulders.

"It's been a-

"Next!"

I was interrupted by the man working the ticket booth. Harry disregarded what I was going to say and walked to the man. While he was buying the tickets, I looked at the game booth that was across and watched the couple that was playing.

The boyfriend, I'm assuming, seemed determined to win the grand prize for his girlfriend which was a huge stuffed animal. He actually won the game and ran to her spinning her around in an embrace. They looked at each other as if there was nothing around them and kissed. I smiled.

"Gisselle hurry up." Harry nudges me.

I take my eyes off of the cute couple and see that Harry is walking ahead without me.

"Where do you want to go?" He asks once I catch up to him.

"Um, I don't know."

Harry rolls his eyes. "You never do."

"What?"

"Nothing. Just pick where you want to go." He says nonchalantly.

I try to ignore what just happened and look around to which attractions were in front of us.

"How about we try some of the game booths?" I ask hoping we could be like the couple I saw earlier.

"Please those things are rigged and just want your money. It would be a waste of time." He says annoyingly.

Am I not worth his time?

"Okay how about one of the rides?"

"No. I don't want to feel uneasy for the rest of the night." He says looking everywhere but at me.

I feel uneasy right now.

"How about the Ferris wheel then?"

"Really?" He says bluntly.

He's looking at me as if I'm the dumbest thing that has walked on the planet.

"Okay then what do you want to do then?"

"I just want something to drink." He says looking towards the food stands.

"Okay so how about while you get something to drink I'll wait in line for the Ferris Wheel. When I'm next in line I'll call you over." I say trying to find a middle ground.

"K." He says and leaves without another word.

I wait in line and think.

When did this all go so wrong? Harry used to be this noble and charming guy who would do anything and everything for me. He would make me feel so important. I love and appreciate him so much but he isn't the same guy I used to know. Now it's like I mean nothing to him. Now its like we are just living day by day. Like we just live together. Like roommates.