6.A Joke?

September 4th, 1996

My eyes opened and I was now in my bed. I didn't remember anything after I blacked out. I just remember seeing... What i saw and the last thing I saw was the sidewalk.
Maybe I walked home anyway or best of all, it was just a dream.

I decided to stay home from school today so I called Billy and told him not to pick me up.

I laid back in my bed and thought about last night. My mind didn't believe it was a dream but I wanted so badly to convince myself that it was.

I closed my eyes again, about to go back to sleep when the door bell rang.

When I got out of bed I looked over at my nightstand and saw my ring that I had left at the warehouse. My mind was starting to fill with questions but was interrupted by the door bell ringing a second time.

I checked through the peep hole to see who it was and saw my three friends.
I unlocked the door and let them in.

"Hey guys what's up? I told you I wasn't going to school today."

"Yeah we know" Billy started.

"But we've noticed you've been acting different for the last few days and we're not sure what it is but we came to see if we can cheer you up." Miranda said.

"Here" Johnny handed me some flowers and some candies "we got you some flowers and your favorite candies."

"Awh thanks guys, this is really nice of you." I hugged all three of them.

"So what do you say (Y/N), you wanna hang out today? We can do what ever you want, we can go for a ride, we can go downtown or we can just stay in and order some pizza later." Billy suggested.

"Hm, staying in for the day sounds great actually."

~~

The day went by fairly quick, we stayed in, watched movies and ordered pizza. Eventually night came and as the night got later everyone went home leaving me in my room alone once more.

As I laid back in my bed my mind started to wander. I started thinking about "what I had convinced myself was a dream" and started wondering if it actually was a dream.

I thought maybe the nightmare was just based off of what I heard Johnny say about Dani on the ride home the other night. Johnny was certain Dani was just joking about the whole vampire thing, but what if Dani wasn't joking?

Eventually I drifted off to sleep but my slumber was anything but comfortable.