Chapter 12

I really wish that Luke was here, I'm feeling anxious and nervous. Something doesn't add up here, there's more to all of this. Shaw has always been meticulous, leaves almost nothing behind and suddenly we know where he's going. Nope, there's something missing.

"I just got word they caught one of Shaw's men at the base. It's time." Tej warned us.

"Nope, there's something wrong here. Something's not right, he wanted us to find that guy. You gotta think about it." I told everyone.

"What do you mean, Penny?" Roman asked.

"She's right, Braga said the only way you get near Shaw is if he wants you to." Brian said.

"Tej, Kay, where's that component?" Dom asked as the bulb went off.

"They're moving it to a secure location." Tej replied.

"Aw fuck." I complained.

"Shaw ain't hittin that base." my brother said.

"He's hitting the convoy." Brian and Kaylee chorused.

"This isn't gonna be easy, guys." Kaylee said.

"With Shaw and his team, there's no way to know how they're going to attack. They are all trained in so many different areas, it's impossible to know what to expect." I added.

"We have to automatically assume the worst. We know that he's not afraid to use extreme measures." Kaylee said.

"Shaw will do whatever he has to do to get that chip and we have to do everything that we can to stop him. Attacking a convoy is child's play to him." Brian said.

"So what you are all trying to say is that we have to be careful." Gisele mused.

"Exactly, we don't know what we're going up against, so we have to be very careful." I responded.

Kaylee and I kept together for a while, talking to people and watching everyone around us. We knew what was going through my brother's and Brian's and Tej's heads. They kept shooting looks our way and we weren't having it."

"We're going with you." I told them as Tej and Roman walked over to us.

"No!" All four men said.

"First of all, none of you are going to tell me what I can and can't do. My father died and none of you are taking that position." I told them.

"There's no reason to leave us out, we part of the team so we will be a part of the job. You know damn well that we can do it." Kaylee argued.

"I have no doubt in my mind that you can, but I don't want either of you to go." Dom said.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Why the hell not?" Kay asked.

"I don't . . ." Dom started.

"We don't need any distractions and if the two of you are out there, we won't be able to concentrate." Roman said.

"You have no idea how close I am to shooting you, Pierce. I'm no one's distraction and neither is Kaylee, this is not up for debate or discussion, am I being understood? We're gonna be out there and do our part, say another word and you will be the ones who aren't going anywhere." I growled.

"Penny . . ."

"I don't see any of you arguing about Gisele going out. If you so much as decide to try to talk me out of this you'll be getting a bullet in the shoulder, Brian. I'll apologize to Mia when this is over." I told him, pulling my gun out of the shoulder holster that I had on.