Part Twelve: Strong

Frisk's POV:

Sore. That's what I was when I finally woke up, rubbing my eyes as I attempt to get rid of the post-nap tiredness. Once I decide it's time to accept my state of being awake I open my eyes and look around. The whole room is dark. How long as I asleep? I sit up, trying to keep my groans suppressed as I do so. It's night outside and I sigh, knowing that this would further screw up my sleep schedule. Or, lack there-of.

As I move my feet to go upstairs I realize that the bros had been putting blankets upon blankets upon heating pads on me to keep me warm. I smile a small smile, making sure that nothing dropped off of me as I stood up. Pondering if I should bring the blankets with me or not, I begin to hear a strange noise. I can't identify what it is, but it's close, and it's coming closer. With everything that has been going on lately, I completely ignore it and just head upstairs, hoping there was a chance I would just fall back asleep.

Once I enter the room, I realize that... Sans isn't in here. I frown, confused as to where else he would be this late at night. There is a knock at the door. Was he out at Grillby's? If so, was he drunk?

Making my way back downstairs and to the door, the noise is deafening at this point. I wince as I open the door, a stupid move on my part since the door opens up to complete darkness. My footing is lost as someone shoves me forward into the darkness, and I am able to spin around and see who it is.

"Nightmare."

The next thing I know I wake up on the floor, both Sans and Papyrus running into the room. It is light outside, and there is no noise. I am breathing heavily and I can practically hear my heart pounding in my chest, trying to recover from whatever hellish experience that was.

"Frisk? Frisk?" Sans is on the ground with me, trying to calm me down in any way he can think of.

"I-I'm okay," I say meekly, my voice still clearly not recovered from screaming a few hours ago. "Just a bad dream, t-that's all."

"THAT'S ALL IS A STATEMENT WE DON'T BELIEVE IN THIS HOUSEHOLD, FRISK." Papyrus is even concerned, which is something I rarely see him display.

"Really, guys," I lean against the couch, trying to ignore the numb pain throughout my entire body. "It was just a weird dream that freaked me out. We all know that's normal for me."

Sans flinches at that statement. A wave of guilt hits me for saying something so insensitive but at this point... I don't know what else could possibly go wrong. Another omnipotent force trying to hunt us down? I could hardly believe that something so ridiculous would happen, especially with everything that had just happened.

I can feel the skeleton's suspicious gazes, so I follow up with, "Really, you two. I'm not completely helpless."

"WE KNOW YOU AREN'T," He takes a knee to look me in the eye. "WE CAN STILL WORRY ABOUT YOU, EVEN IF YOU ARE STRONG."

I break eye contact, not knowing how to reply to something so kind. Papyrus gets up from kneeling and looks at his watch, "I SHOULD GO AND CHECK UP ON THE VICTIMS FROM THE ATTACK EARLIER. TRY TO SEE IF I CAN GET A STATEMENT FROM THEM, OR SOMETHING USEFUL IN THIS INVESTIGATION."

With that, he goes to gather his things. I look over to Sans, who is... blushing? Why is he blushing? He has a moment of realization as he looks away from me, attempting to hide his face and his light blush.

Papyrus and Sans have a silent interaction as they part ways Papyrus raises a non-existent brow, communicating a message I could not intercept. Once the door closes, there is a stale silence in the house. I shift slightly, which sounds piercing in the quiet. Sans gets up, lending a hand to help me up as well. I take his hand gratefully and smile, noticing he is still blushing slightly.