68

Live Aid was tomorrow, and we could hardly wait. The buzz and excitement was evident in the rehearsal room, as they all grinned as the played the set list again.

There was tension still there though. The other acts had been active up until now, whereas Queen haven't. Scarily, Live Aid would be their first live show since they split last year, and that was nerve-racking in itself, never mind the fact that billions would be watching across the world.

"It's fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. How did we manage this?" Freddie grinned.

"You're not wrong there" Brian nodded, patting him on the back.

"We're not bad for four ageing queens are we?" Freddie joked, licking his lips in joy.

"Rogers going a bit grey actually" Deacy pointed out, taking the moment as an advantage, and pulling at Rogers blond mullet.

"Oi, Get off me you little shit I'm not going grey" Roger groaned, shaking his head.

"Whatever" I joked, nudging him lightly.

"Come here you lot" Freddie beamed, pulling us into a group hug.

Our foreheads met in the middle and we all stayed there for a minute, savouring the moment. Us five have been through thick and thin, but we have always managed to reunite to form something amazing. Whether it was our silly scrabble tournaments, or our spontaneous clubbing ventures, every single millisecond has made the memories of a lifetime.

"We are going to blow the roof off that place tomorrow" Freddie grinned excitedly.

"Wembley doesn't have a roof" Brian scoffed, laughing as he shook his head.

"Well then, we're going to punch a whole into the heavens" He replied wittily, and we all smiled in approval.

"You're all amazing, and you know what you all officially are?" I asked.

They all gave me blank stares, our arms still intertwined and our bodies still touching.

"You're all champions" I said, and they all grinned from ear to ear.

"Yes we bloody well are" Freddie nodded, and we all patted each other's backs in excitement.

What a show Live Aid is going to be.

——————————————————

"Do you think he's gay?" Freddie asked casually, as we all sat in the small caravan they had for the concert.

We had just all met Mary's new boyfriend, well we say new but she is pregnant with his child, I just hadn't met him yet.

"No Fred, I think he's very straight" I reassured, patting his shoulder.

"Really?" He asked, with a shocked expression.

"Really" I nodded, giving him another pat before joining Roger.

"Hey, beautiful" He greeted, as he twiddled some drumsticks in his hand.

"Hiya, you okay?" I asked.

I could tell that the nerves were getting to him, as he wasn't his usual loud and cocky self. He looked gorgeous in his outfit, a white shirt with black sunglasses. I had to say that apart from our wedding day, this was the best that I had seen him.

"Yeah, just a bit nervous. Look what I'm using" He grinned, showing me the sticks.

RT

"Aw, it's the ones I bought you ages ago!" I beamed, picking one off him.

"Yep, kept them for a special occasion, couldn't think of a better reason to use them really. Billions will see me using these" He gave me a sheepish smile, and I sat on his knee gently.

"And look, RT. That was when I was a Thomas, now I'm a Taylor" I said quietly, facing him.

"I've never been more happy about someone stealing something before" He grinned, holding my waist.

"What do you mean?" I asked with a confused expression.

"You. You stole my name, and I couldn't be happier" He said, his cheeks flushing a light shade of rose.

"Haha, look you've gone Rose-y" I giggled, squeezing his cheeks in my fingertips.

"Shut up, you" He shook his head, and pulled me in for a kiss.

"Five minute call for Queen!" The stage manager shouted.

"That's your cue" I mumbled, leaning my forehead against his.

"Yeah.. you coming with?" He asked breathlessly.

"Nope. You know me, I need to enjoy this out the front" I smiled gently, and he nodded in agreement.

"Of course, where it all began" He grinned as he was hit with nostalgia.

We jumped up and I gave all of the lads a huge hug and lots of kisses on the cheek before I departed.

"Good luck! I'll be shouting out the front" I smiled, pulling a Queen Works scarf out and waving it around.

"That's my girl" Roger beamed, rushing over to me quickly and leaving me with a sweet kiss on my lips.

"I'll blow you a kiss, watch me" He winked.

"I would have been watching you anyway, you know that" I grinned, shoving him towards the other guys.

He sent me another wink before backing up towards the others. I made my way down to the standing area, and decided to tackle my way through. Immediately, people began to recognise me, and if they didn't they soon realised it was me when someone else mentioned it. It was probably the hat, that I wore literally everywhere, or the fact that pictures had been published of Roger and I.

"Look, it's Rose Taylor!"

I smiled at them all as I made my way to the centre, and as soon as I reached it they all strutted onto the stage.

I was stood next to a girl that looked a similar age to me, and I could tell that she didn't know who I was, as she didn't get all shocked or nervous around me.

"We're so lucky aren't we?" She grinned excitedly.

"How so?" I replied, although I knew the answer.

"Living in this era, with Queen and Bowie and Elton John, it's just smashing isn't it?" She beamed, as the lead singer began to play some keys on the piano.

"It is. It's just smashing" I nodded in agreement.

The familiar tune of bohemian rhapsody began, and of course I knew the set list like the back of my hand now, but it seemed new and exciting from this perspective.

"It's bohemian rhapsody!" The girl jumped around excitedly, holding onto my arm.

I mirrored her enthusiasm and jumped around with her, holding up my scarf to the stage.

As I did this, I noticed Roger from a height, and he locked eyes with me in that moment. Sending me a grin, I blew him a kiss as he shot me a cheeky wink.

"Roger just winked at you!" I smiled at the girl next to me, and she widened her eyes in shock.

"No way!" She smiled happily.

This will be a day to remember forever.