Griffin's Diary Prologue

My names Griffin Grey, I'm a senior in high school and this is my story. People used to tell me that, "It'll be okay.", "That things would get better.", but those people will never understand what I go through on a daily basis. My parents used to say that, "Sometimes, You have to get knocked down lower than you ever have been before.. to stand up taller than you ever were." But I don't believe that.. I want too, but I just don't seeing any hope of trying anymore.

When I was 11 years old, My mom was driving me to my first dance recital. Everything was going just perfectly. The sun was setting, and I was super excited to be on stage for the first time. I remember being nervous with butterflies in my stomach, and suddenly having this weird feeling.. like something bad was going to happen. We stopped at a red light and were just about to make a left turn. I looked out my window in the back of the car, and seeing this van pull out of a gas station. I remember screaming to my mom, "Watch out!". When the light had turned green and when we were just about to make our turn the van hit the front side of the car. I clearly remember holding onto the car handle and closing my eyes preparing for the impact. After that I remember opening my eyes to see my mother looking over to me and was crying asking, "Are you alright?". I nodded my head, not being able to say anything. My body was in shock, I couldn't think, I wasn't able to move. We got out of the car and realize that no one was injured, from both cars. The teenagers who hit our car kept apologizing to us and we decided to not press chargers since no one was hurt. Till this day, the accident is still a blur to me.   

I always ask myself, "Why was I spared?", Every year 1.3 million people die a year in a car accident, but why not me? Why did fate decide that I should stay alive? That I deserved a second chance at life? Ever since that car accident my life has changed.. and I'm not sure if it's for the better or for worse. 

Griffin's Diary is based off the original story on Youtube by my own channel, on "Taiga". 

Character OC Drawn by Laharts.