Chapter 7

Jayden's POV

Well it's official. Asher and I are going out Saturday. I gave him a big speech about how I was serious about him, and that if I hurt him he could punch me in the face. I'd be surprised if he gets enough courage to punch me in the face. He's the shyest kid I know.

I have him, in the palm of my hand. I'm using him for pleasures, not because I like him. I mean, I better not like him. I'm not doing this to be in a relationship. Relationships lead to heart brake, heart brake leads to tears. I don't do tears.

I have 2 days to plan something awesome for Ash and I to do. And I didn't even know about the places around here. I needed help. So I went to Lani. We're meeting at Choco's to descuss it. I drove into the parking lot, parked, and went in. I immediately see Lani. She's wearing a black turtle neck, with black skinny jeans and a black floral hat. Even though it is extremely hot outside.

"Lani?" I ask when I reach her." What's with the black? It's like 100 degrees outside." I sat down across from her. When she looked up, I saw she wore black sunglasses under her hat.

"I'm wearing this, because if we see Asher here he won't know who I am. Why aren't you in descuise?" She asked looking me up and down.

"Because I don't want to burn up." I answered back simply. "So what is a place around here where I can take Ash that he hasn't been before, and that would surprise him? In a good way." She put her hand on her chin thinking. She gasped, I jumped.

"Splash! Oh my gosh. I tried to tell him about it a few weeks before you arrived, but he was mad about his mom not gettin him a dog, because he 'wouldn't take care of it' " She said making air quotes. I didn't say anything, so she continued. 

"It's this place where you can slide across the floor with nothing but your bare feet. It's kinda like air hokey, but you are the pucks. It's also connected to a bar, where you can dance and eat. And it's has a ice skating rink attached, with a play gym next to it. It's so awesome! I've never been but my mom knows the owner, and I can get you guys in for free."

I nodded. It sounded like a cool place. I can ask the Dj to play a slow song for me and Ash. It's cute when his face turns pink.

No. Stop. I can't think like that. I can't like him. I won't like him. I'm not going to go down that road.

Tomorrow I have school, I'll have to keep whatever this shit is down until Saturday or I'll beat myself up.

Friday

I'm in last period class. Algebra. I walked in and saw Ash sitting in the very back. He looked at me and smiled. I couldn't help but smile back. I went over and sat down next to him. I'm just gonna have to keep down my emotions.

"Hey," he said when I sat down. We were the only one's in the class except for 3 other people. It's really early. We have at least 5 minutes before the bell rings.

"Hey," I said turning to my notebook, opening it and adding to my book. Yeah, I write.

"Whatcha writing?" He asked looking over my shoulder. I closed the book before he could see anything.

"A book about two people. It's not finished yet. I'll show you when I'm done ok?" I said. He smiled and nodded.

A while later the teacher came in and the bell rang. I didn't really pay attention to class i tried to think of ways to avoid Ash. I couldn't be around him. He makes me feel things. I think he noticed because he kept kneeing me on my leg.

"Are you alright?" He asked in a whisper. I nodded. I saw that he didn't believe it. I reached my hand over and put it on his.

"I'm fine. Promise." I said, rubbing my thumb over his hand. His face went pink, I smiled. The rest of the class went on very slowly. I just wanted to get out of there. I shouldnt have touched him, because when his face went pink I got butterflies in my stomach.

When class ended I walked fast out to my locker. I tried to get my stuff together as fast as I could. I slammed my locker closed and started walking out to my car, when my friend Jax called my name.

Asher's POV

Jayden walked out of class so fast that I couldn't even ask about our date. I walked out trying to keep up with him. Something was wrong, and I was gonna find out.  I followed him. I rounded the corner and saw Jayden talking to a kid I've never talked to before.

"Do you really like that faggot?" I heard the kid say. Jayden didn't respond for a minute. I waited for him to say yes. But I had a feeling I was horribly wrong.

"Dude, you should know me better. I'm only doing all this shit so I can get in his pants. I hear from his friend Lani that he has a huge one." He said making hand movements. My heart stopped. My vision started getting watery and I ran outside past him. I think I heard him call my name, but I didn't care I kept running.

So far, that I didn't see the car coming right at me. Everything was so fast. Next thing I knew, I was staring at the sky. I couldn't move, I saw Jayden run over to me. I thought he was screaming my name, but I couldn't hear him. I tried moving my arm, but nothing worked. He yelled something at someone, and pulled out a phone.

Everything went black after that. It was weird. I could hear everything, but I couldn't see anything. I assumed I was in an ambulance. I heard sirens. I felt someone on my right hand, and someone on my left. The one on my right, I could easily place as Lani. I couldn't identify the one on my left. It felt oddly hairy. Male. I just didn't want it to be Jayden's.

After a while, my head started to hurt and my whole body started to numb. Before i didn't feel any different that if I hadn't been hit, but now it's like I can't even describe the pain that is coursing through my body. I couldn't feel anything anymore, I couldn't hear anything anymore. Either that or everyone stopped talking or touching me. I doubted it.