ᴏʀɪɢɪɴᴀʟ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ

"Looking for these?"

The two boys froze, looking up the stairs where Jaehyun's "father" stood at the top, bleeding profusely from his shoulder, dangling a set of keys mockingly in front of them. Taeyong felt all the air leave his lungs when he noticed the gun in the man's left hand.

Time stopped. The revolver inched up into a raised position, the barrel pointing at Jaehyun. A sick, demented grin twisted into the man's lips, a crazed look in his eyes as it landed on the small male hidden behind Jaehyun. He cocked the bullet into place, taking a couple of menacing steps down the stairs.

"Sorry Yoonoh, I can't let you and my sweet little Yongie leave. Not know, not after so many years of looking for him." He laughed, a psychotic and shrill sound that sent shivers rocketting down Jaehyun's spine. "And now that you know of my true intentions, Yoonoh, I want to live out those fantasies that I have been having for the past ten years."

Jaehyun felt sick to the stomach, pushing Taeyong further behind him. He was trembling like a wet leaf, his hands clinging onto Jaehyun's arm tightly.

"So, sorry, but you're not leaving." The man tilted the gun down, pulling the trigger.

The bullet pierced the muscle of Jaehyun's thigh, tearing flesh. He screamed out in pain, stumbling and falling to his knees. Taeyong stayed silent, completely shocked with the action. He quickly snapped out of his stupor, however, grabbing Jaehyun's arm and dragging him painfully to his feet. Jaehyun cried out in pain, but nonetheless let the smaller male pull him away from the front door.

Another bang, and Taeyong grunted, pushing Jaehyun into a nearby bathroom under the stairs. Jaehyun collapsed onto the floor, blood gushing out of the gaping wound in his thigh and pooling onto the tiles. Taeyong slammed the door shut, locking it. He fell against it, a trail of blood smudging against the white wood as he slid down it to crumple onto the tiles.

Jaehyun rolled onto his front, crying out at the searing pain in his thigh, rendering him immobilised. He feebly reached out to Taeyong, calling his name desperately, ignoring the loud thumps of Gilsoo's footsteps as he descended the stairs.

Taeyong weakly raised his head from leaning against the door, a trickle of blood leaking from his mouth. He smiled, his cheeks pushing the corners of his eyes up into pretty crescent moons, his eyelids fluttering.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, laying onto his back, staring blankly at the roof. Jaehyun noticed his chest soaked in rose, dripping onto the tiles. His eyes widen, and his heart stopped. "I'm so sorry." Taeyong croaked, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"N-no, Taeyong, it-it's not your fault just—just hold on," Jaehyun cried, trying to drag himself across the tiles towards the crying male across from him. "Please hold on, we'll be okay. We'll be okay." He repeated, trying to convince himself of the lie he's trying to tell.

Taeyong laughed softly, turning his head so he faced Jaehyun. The younger's breath caught in his throat, guilt and regret pooling in the corners of his eyes and trickling down his cheeks. Taeyong stared at him with a gaze full of adornment and love, his doe eyes glassy and wide. His lips were open and pale, blood trailing from the corner of his mouth and staining his skin.

He still looked so surreal. So ethereal. Like a dream.

"I'm sorry. I didn't say it back to you last night." he closed his eyes, turning his head once again so he faced the ceiling. "I love you too, Jaehyun. I'm sorry..." His voice quietened, trailing off.

"Taeyong?" Jaehyun whimpered, his heart pounding.

No response.

"Taeyong!" He cried, smashing his fist onto the tiles. He sobbed brokenly into his arm, the pain in his heart far greater than the bullet in his leg.