Chapter 17: Doubts

"The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today."

_________________________________

Alexa's pov

"Come on let's go! We need to get there right when Hiccup gets there, so the sooner we they see each other. The sooner we get to finally go back. After all these years." Aiden said from downstairs.

We were getting ready to meet my so called 'father' at an abandoned amusement park. Why they chose such ridiculous place to meet up? I have no idea. I don't even know why I'm actually listening to these guys, for I know they could be murderers. 

I go downstairs carrying some heavy bags which are filled with who knows what. As I set the stuff down near Aiden, but suddenly I start to think what my Mom and Jackson would think when I suddenly disappear without a trace or leaving a goodbye. 

"Aiden, what about my stuff and my Mom and my brother, Jackson? They're gonna start to wonder where I am." I explained my concern to Aiden crossing my arms.

"Oh, don't worry about them, I took care of it."

What does he mean by 'Took care of it?'

Did he kill them? I mean they did say they were assassins and raised inside an assassination agency.

"What do you mean?"

"Relax, I didn't kill them if that's what you're thinking. I went to your house while you asleep and got your stuff from your room. And if you're wondering about your fake mom, I left her a note pretending it was you saying that you knew you adopted and went off to find your real parents and that you might never come back. " Aiden explained with ease.

"OH really, I always sign my name when I leave notes for them. You probably didn't so that means they will figure out that it wasn't me."

"Your signature wasn't that hard replicate, I taught myself how to easily replicate peoples signature for personal reasons. Oh and lace? I didn't know you wore lace, sexyy."

I felt my cheeks heat up from embarrassment.  I sigh as I start walking to the car that was waiting outside. 

What am I doing?

Am I really leaving with some strangers, who kidnapped me?

But for some reason, I trust them. Does that make me weak? Trusting my life with random people, who I JUST met.

The door suddenly opens, I was so lost in my thoughts, that when the door opened I was so surprised that I accidentally kicked Sabrina's knee. She groaned in response, I get up and help her up.

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to do that!"

"It's  okay, I guess this is what I get for kicking Aiden so many times. Karma really does hurt." Sabrina admitted while chuckling a little. 

I laugh along with her while she closes her side of the door. 

"So I forgot, where exactly are we headed?" I asked.

"Oh umm, J's Amusement Park in Guerneville." 

"Wait, Guerneville here in California?"

"Of course there's no other Guerneville."

"Right, I passed by that town one time heading to Mirabel Park. I found it very creepy, I tried to get Starbucks coffee there and this woman just comes up to me and says, "Someone's looking for you girl, people will come for you to bring you to where you belong." and then she just left."

"Ahhh, ok that is weird." 

Wait a second, that happened only two weeks ago. And then Aiden and Sabrina show up telling me they were looking for me, and now they're taking me back to my Dad. She was actually telling the truth. HOLY SHIT!!!

Who was that woman?

Hiccup's pov

"Heather we have to go now!"

"What's the rush? And where exactly are we going?" Heather asked.

"Aiden and Sabrina found Alexa, their going to meet us at J's Amusement Park in California" I explained as I started packing up guns and knives.

"The abandoned one?"

"Exactly, now we have to go fast they said they were staying at a hotel close to the park"

"Ughh, I hate that place! I once had to stay there for the night for unspeakable and idiotic reasons, and I swear I saw the carnival start up. And then the roller coaster started and you wouldn't believe what I saw! There was a lady watching me from up the coaster and then when it went down she was go-" I cut off Heather a little annoyed by saying.

"No time for this! Now get in!" I demanded pointing to the helicopter and then shoving her in like she was my luggage.

I sometimes hate it when she starts telling a story that makes no sense and not at all related to our current situation. It's so annoying, and I'm not just talking about her. I'm talking about everyone.

I get in the helicopter and we start taking off.

I'm coming sweat heart.

Meanwhile......

Astrid's pov

"Hurry up Snotlout! We don't have much time before they find out we escaped." I whispered to Snotlout who was stupidly touching everything he sees.

"Yeah yeah, I'm coming!"

Snotlout and I managed to escaped while the others waited in the cell, making sure the guards don't find out that we're gone. Agent 24 disguised himself as a guard and told us to meet him in the back and then left giving us the keys. The only reason I  took Snotlout with me instead of Fishlegs or either of the twins is because If they find us, I can use Snotlout as a distraction. He's replacable.

As Snotlout finally catches up, Agent 24 was already waiting outside with a helicopter.

"What is your purpose here Agent 24?" I asked curious.

"Stoick sent me, here are some gadgets that will help you complete your mission. Just make sure they don't get taken away because people can use them to track B.A.T.C."

"Got it, you need to go now. The guards could find us any minute. Go!"

Agent 24 nodded and left. Snotlout and I started heading back to the cell while making sure we didn't get spotted by any cameras. We finally made it and Fish opened the cell for us to enter. I gave them each a gadget and explained that they are only for emergencies. They all nodded and went right back to sleep hiding the gadgets underneath their mattress. I stared at the wall, not knowing what to do.

Should I finish this mission? 

Hiccup will never forgive me?

He already hates me, so why bother even trying to get his forgiveness?

I need to do this, no matter what.