Chapter two

Jack and I walked slowly to the Lodging House talking about random things. "So Ace there's this party going on tonight at Brooklyn and ise want yous to go with us" As soon as Jack said that my eyes went wide. "Yous are wanted me to come to Brooklyn with you? You are actually go'en to let me leave 'Hatten?" I asked.

Jack was always like a brother to me all of the Manhattan Newsies were and they never let me leave Manhattan. They say there are bad people who would do bad things to a pretty girl like me, though I'm a tough girl they are always overprotective!

Jack sighed "Yes I want you to come to Brooklyn with us, though you are not allowed to go anywhere by your self you need to stay with me or one of the others at all time and i want you to stay far away from Spot Colon!" There's the Jack I know. I've herd of this Spot Colon guy, the boys always talk about him and how he plays with girls hearts. "Thanks Jack" I squealed and ran into the lodging house.

📰TO THE PARTY📰

As all of the Manhattan Newsies walked across the Brooklyn bridge Davey walked up to me. "So Ace it's your first time to go to Brooklyn" He questioned "well ya yous guys haven't really let me leave 'hattan before so ya" I say. "Well it's a nice place if you stay away from the Brooklyn a newsies they are not the nicest people in the world" he said "ya so I've been told" I muttered.

Once we got to the Brooklyn lodging house I could heir the laughing and talking, once we walked in a short boy with dark brown hair walked yo to us "well ain't it be Jackie boy and the ,hattan newsies." He said he must be Spot I could tell by the way some of the newsies backed away when he approached and by his confidence when he talked, something about him made me uneasy. And no it's not just that I was standing I front go THE Spot Colon but something else, I swear I've seen him before but that's in posable.

His eyes scanned through the crowd of Manhattan newsies, his eyes stopped when he looked at me. A look of hurt and confusion crossed his face by quickly turned back. "And who might this young lady be" he asked Jack put his arm around me protectively. "This is Ace and I suggest that you leave her alone Spot" Jack hissed. Spot put his hands up in mock surrender, "don't worry Ise ain't going to bother 'er" he said while walking away "pokers this way me friends"

After being at the Party for about two hours I was getting a little broad of watch'en them all play poker and smoke. Davey must have seen me sitt'en there. "You look like your about to fall asleep Abigail" he said kindly. I loved how Davey always called me by my real name even though everyone else called me Ace. "Ya well I woke up earlier then everyone else did today"

"I can take ya back to the lodging house if you want" he said "ya sure ya don't have to do that for me" "ya I'm sure I have to make sure Les is ok to with my parents being gone and all" Davey's parents had gone out of town and Les got him self a little cold. "Ok let's go, Jack Davey's taken me home ok." I called "ok we will be home soon" Jack said and with that me and Davey took off!

AN hope you enjoy comment and vote

📰keep caring the banner📰