Chapter 6: Remember Me

Something was very, very wrong. 

The first few days back at Hogwarts were nothing like the last two years. People greeted her in the hallways, teachers asked her questions and even Slughorn had invited her to one of his parties. It did not make sense, and Elara therefor did not like it. 

"Myrtle?" Elara asked, stepping into the bathroom. Myrtle flew over one of the bathroom stalls and actually smiled when she saw Elara. "How are you? How was your summer?"

"Oh, it was awful." Myrtle said, landing near Elara. "Filch tried to get Dumbledore to let me occupy one of the broken bathrooms. I told him 'No, this is the place I died, this is the place I will stay!' of course Filch was angry, oh he was so angry." Myrtle smiled at the memory. "I made sure he had plenty of bathrooms to clean up after that."

"Yeah, he seemed to be in a bad mood for the last few days." Elara smiled back. She and Myrtle had bonded a bit over the past two years. Her bathroom was a great place to study, and once you get through the moaning part, Myrtle wasn't all that bad. As long as you don't spend more than two hours with her. 

Elara told Myrtle all about how people were treating her differently, and what had happened with her sister over the summer. "It's because you have gotten prettier." Myrtle said, when Elara finished. 

"I only dyed my hair, I haven't changed at all." She said. 

"You look different." Myrtle said, slowly floating circles around Elara. "Maybe more mysterious. Nearly Headless Nick told me you have quite the reputation for being so quiet." She stopped in front of Elara. "Oh, how I wish I was mysterious."

"You're the definition of mysterious, Myrtle." Elara said. "Your death was a mystery, people still talk about it everyday." Maybe the last part was a lie, but Myrtle did not need to know that.

"They do?" She immediately looked a lot happier. They talked about the rest of the people in the school, much like Elara, Myrtle knew a lot more than she led on, and gossiped about the other ghosts. 

"I think you should use it to your advantage." Myrtle finally said, when it was nearly time for Elara to leave and eat dinner. "Take your revenge."

"On Annelise?" Elara asked. 

"Yes," Elara could see the cogs turning in Myrtle's head. "Oh, you could kiss that Sirius boy-"

"Ew." Elara immediately cut in. 

"You could steal her friends-"

"They are awful, I don't want them as friends." She said. 

"Well," Myrtle straightened her shoulders, clearly annoyed by the interruptions. "I still think you should do something. How about you just prove her wrong?" 

"Prove her wrong? How?" Elara asked. 

"She said you won't be remembered, that you have no friends and that you will end up alone." Myrtle summed up. "Make new friends, find a boyfriend and do something that will make people remember you."

Elara grabbed a stray piece of parchment from her schoolbag and scribbled down a list.