1

I met him when I was 5.

He wore a red hoodie, had dirty blond hair and pale blue eyes. He was a wild child, red scrapes on his knees to prove that he spent the whole day playing pirates or some childish game outside.

For me, I was the complete opposite.

I wore the dark shade of blue, had brown hair and hard the darkest eyes you'd see. I'd stay indoors, skin as pale as the snow, and no visible signs of childhood play.

I find it funny how we instantly clicked, then turning into the worst of enemies.

T'was the first day of kindergarten, children hugging their parents goodbye, while others whining to their parents, begging for them not to leave. My mother crouched down and gave me a light kiss on my forehead, unruffling my clothes a tad bit as she stared in my eyes. "Have an amazing first day sweetie." She cooed, her dark eyes looking at me lovingly. I smiled, and inches away from her waving a tiny 'bye' with my hands as I headed inside the classroom, with my fellow classmates.

The teacher seated us down on a numbered carpet and clapped her hands together. "My name is Mrs. tori, I'll be your teacher for this year! Can anyone tell me what a year is?" The class was silent, the children barely had an idea how to read a clock, but then one hand rose up, clothed in red clotting the boy stood up. "I takes about 300 and something days for the earths rotation around the sun, which results into a year."

Mrs. Tori looked shocked but then clapped her hands together. "What a smart young man, and your name is..?" The little boy smiled at the praise, his light blue eyes lighting up. "My name is Tord!" He seemed really kind and opening, it peeked interest in me. I wanted to be his friend.

After at least an hour of introducing ourselves, answering questions, and playing games it was snack time. We all headed towards our backpacks and pulled out our lunch boxes, and headed toward the tiny tables stationed around the classroom.

I sat by myself, not knowing any other student in the class. I felt lonely, but then a boy in a red hoodie sat on the seat opposite from me, giving me a toothy smile. "You're Tom right?" There was an accent in his voice, it was unique. I gave a light nod, taking a bite from my celery stick. He smiled, and opened his lunch pale, revealing a ton of sweets. "Would you like a Twinkie?" My head tilted. "Twinkie?" He gasped, his blue eyes widened. "You've never had Twinkie before?" I looked down ashamed. "No..?" He then giggled, opening a plastic package containing a pastry. "You can have mine, I have so many at home." I smiled and took the pastry, taking a bite of the sweet.

A smile instantly littered my face, the sweet filing bringing fireworks to my tastebuds. "Tastes good right?" I instantly nodded, giving out a muffled satisfied response. "Delicious!" He just smiled, and then took a bite out of his snack. "Let's be best friends from now on." I smiled. "That would be awesome."

That's how we came to be.