Chapter 11

The flight to the States was long and boring. Hazel sat with Stephen showing him all five months of sonogram photos, first thing videos plus sonogram videos, and let him hear the baby's heartbeat. Stephen was ecstatic hearing the baby's heartbeat. For the entire flight, Hazel stayed by Stephens side and vice versa. The moment the Quinjet landed at the tower Stephen helped Hazel out of the Quinjet and into the common room of the tower.

"I can do this myself Stephen," Hazel said.

"I bet you can but I wasn't here to help during the first five months so I'm gonna help now," Stephen replied.

Stephen took Hazel to her room and placed her on the bed. Hazel got off the bed and wrapped her arms around Stephens' neck.

"I'm not going anywhere Steph. I'm right here. Now you wanna tell me what's really on your mind? 'Cause I know it's just not wanting to take care of me," Hazel said.

Stephen sat on the edge of the bed and Hazel sat next to him holding his hand.

"The Soul World was horrible. Sometimes part of us would turn to dust and then we would be fine. I felt bad for Peter because no matter what he still felt the pain of turning to dust. Mantis and Wanda tried so hard to take some of the pain Peter was feeling away but it didn't work. The worst thing I ever saw in the Soul Stone was you dying. Every Time I would close my eyes I would see you dying after we came back. When that would happen Bucky had to slap me to snap me outta it. But the visions felt so real," Stephen whispered.

"Hey. I'm not going anywhere OK? I'm right here. I'm right here. I live in a tower full of people who protect the world. And I have you. Don't forget Stephen I'm going to be your wife. And even if I do go I will always be in your heart. No one can take me away from you and I'm not leaving," Hazel said.

"How did I get so lucky to have you?"

"World's greatest mystery."

Hazel and Stephen started to laugh but Hazel's laughter was cut short when she felt something in her stomach. Stephen noticed she stopped laughing and looked at her.

"Hazel what's wrong," Stephen asked

"Bruce described it as butterflies in my stomach. The baby's kicking. Oh my god the baby's kicking," Hazel said.

"Can I---"

Stephen was cut off by Hazel grabbing his hand and placing it on her stomach. For a few moments there was nothing then Stephen felt a tiny kick against his hand.

"I felt it. Wow, that felt weird," Stephen said.

"Try telling that to me. I'm the one who will be feeling that every day till labor," Hazel said.

"I love you, Hazel Barnes."

"I love you, too, Stephen Strange."

(6th month)

Same drill, same room. Stephen was next to Hazel holding her hand and looking at the screen. The first thing Stephen was a big white thing across the screen.

"Hazel things seem to be going great still. There's your baby's head, fingers, toes, legs, and arms. Based on this your due date is some time in March. I can't give you an exact date until you're closer to March. You may start to feel Braxton contractions but don't worry. Those prepare you for the real contractions. But congrats your baby girl is in healthy condition," Bruce said.

"Thanks, Uncle Bruce," Hazel replied.

She wiped the gel off her stomach and walked with Stephen to the kitchen. Once in the kitchen Hazel made popcorn, put it in a bowl, and covered it in chocolate syrup. She sat on the couch next to Bucky. He took one look at her popcorn and almost gagged.

"What are you eating," Bucky asked.

"Food," Hazel sassed.

"I got that. I meant why are you eating popcorn covered in chocolate syrup?"

"Stop Dad."

"I'm not doing anything. I'm just asking why are you eating popcorn covered in chocolate syrup."

Hazel placed the bowl of popcorn on the table as she stood up and walked to her room. She walked into her room and laid on her bed feeling sad. Back in the living room, Stephen had heard what Bucky said and smacked him across the head.

"She's pregnant. She's gonna have cravings and her hormones are out of control so anything that may sound like a question to somebody else sounds like someone is criticizing Hazel. Stark and I explained this to you, Barnes. Besides you've seen Hazel eat this kind of stuff before after we all came back," Stephen said.

He grabbed the bowl of chocolate covered popcorn and walked to Hazel's room. He set the popcorn on the nightstand and sat next to Hazel.

"You know Barnes didn't mean that right," Stephen asked.

"Yef he didt," Hazel said.

Stephen moved the blanket away from Hazel and looked at her.

"No, he didn't. He's still in shock Hazel. He doesn't mean it."

"Can you stay please?"

"I'll always be here."

(7th month)

"Seventh month of pregnancy Hazel. Your baby can now hear you or Stephen speak and responds to light and pain and may change position frequently," Bruce said.

"Um Uncle Bruce is it possible my child can be born premature," Hazel asked.

"Yes. As long as your baby is born after the seventh month she will survive."

"Thanks, Bruce," Stephen said.

Bruce walked out of the room as Hazel wiped the gel off her stomach and sat up.

"Wanna talk about it," Stephen asked.

"No. Yes. Maybe," Hazel sighed.

"Start talking."

"I'm scared. I don't want our baby to die. On the news last night after you fell asleep. A mother had her baby premature but the child didn't make it."

"You heard Bruce at the last sonogram. Our daughter is strong. If she's born prematurely she will survive. Just like her mommy and daddy. And just to test out what Bruce said."

Stephen kneeled down so he was in front of Hazel's stomach.

"Hi there Kristina. This is your daddy talking to you. I just want you to know that your mommy and I love you very much. And so do your grandpa's and Great Aunt and Uncles. Even if your Great Uncles do act stupid sometimes. But you have a wonderful family who loves you and will protect you. And your mommy and I will do the very same. But please don't kick Mommy at night when she's trying to sleep. I don't want to deal with a cranky Mommy in the morning."

As Stephen was talking to Kristina Hazel was smiling. It was nice to see Stephen happy since he came back from the Soul Stone. When Stephen was done talking to the baby Hazel hopped off the exam table and held his hand as they walked out of the room together.