Elemental Assistance

Warning: super long chapter (10,000+ words). It has no great importance to the overall story. 

Unfortunately, I'm not very pleased with how this chapter turned out. There will be a short, poorly written summary at the end of the chapter if you want to somewhat know what went on without having to read all this mess. There will also be an important question that I need you to answer at the end of the chapter. Please don't forget to comment and vote :)

    Nya was going stir crazy. No way was she going to sleep now, not with half the Resistance out and about running all over Ninjago. Why wasn't she out there?! What could she possibly do to help make trouble for the Sons of Garmadon if she was stuck babysitting two old ladies, an insufferable bounty hunter, a metal bender, a fake brown ninja, and an invisible man?!

    Okay... maybe that was a bit harsh, but Nya was still very shaken up over everything and exhausted and just overwhelmed. To prevent sadness from setting in, she chose to remain angry. Anger seemed far easier to deal with than sadness. 

    Honestly, she was tempted to set out on her own that night and had just about made up her mind to go when she counted the sleeping shapes of the Resistance and noticed that someone was missing. She had to count everyone multiple times before she finally realized that Tox was the one missing. 

    She began to panic slightly. Lloyd had left her in charge and it wouldn't look good for her if Tox went out and ended up dying. Plus, the Resistance needed every single person they had. As she searched for Tox, it got her thinking and opened her eyes to how idiotic her own plan to go out by herself was. If she died, that would leave Lloyd the last Ninja standing. He had already been through so much trauma, he didn't deserve to be left alone as well.

    'Alright, point taken, Lloyd,' she thought in surrender. 

    Much to her relief, she finally found Tox in the computer room, staring idly at the security camera feed. Nya silently scolded herself for not having the thought of assigning someone to monitor them earlier.

    Without turning to look at her, Tox inquired in a dull tone, "Were you about to go out and face Garmadon alone?"

    "Yes. For a while I thought you had already gone out," remarked Nya, not seeing any point in lying. 

    It felt strange for Nya to suddenly be talking with Tox. First of all, she barely knew anything about the Master of Poison. Second, ever since her adventure with Nadakhan, poison in general made her feel uneasy. Third, Tox seemed to have a very dark, violent personality.

    Tox gave a small chuckle and swiveled her chair around to face Nya. It was evident she had been crying. "I'm mad and of course I want revenge, but I'm not stupid enough to face Garmadon head on. I know how to kill and kill well. It's better to wait for the perfect opportunity to strike instead of wasting the chance to do any real damage on a pointless suicide mission."

    The way Tox said that made Nya feel slightly disturbed. Kill. Yes, all Nya had wanted to do was avenge her brothers and sensei. Earlier, she had desired nothing more than to drive her spear straight through the hearts of those who had hurt her family; but now, seeing Tox as bitter she was helped clear the furious fog that had enveloped her mind. It was as if looking at someone who mirrored her own murderous intentions magnified the fact that killing someone, no matter how evil they were, was wrong.

    She paused and ask herself, 'Is this what my brothers would have wanted? What would they say if they saw me in this awful condition? Is this what Sensei trained us to do?'

    A true Ninja should seek justice, not revenge. Bitterness and the thirst for revenge were what had driven Harumi to becoming a villain. Nya was determined to not become the same person she was trying to defeat.