STRONGER - HQCT01

You had always admired them from afar.  The boys' volleyball team at your school was very unique.  And you envied every one of them.

There was the Papa, who was obviously the captain Daichi.  He was such a strong leader who guided his team so faithfully.  You wished that you could be a leader, too.

Then there was the Mama, setter Sugawara.  He took time to make sure every player was okay, and you wished you could be as caring as he was.

Nishinoya and Tanaka, the second years were like close brothers who were the most energetic and girl-crazy.  However, they encouraged and brightened the team with their words.  You wished you could be bright like they were.

Asahi was the somewhat queer uncle who towered above the others, but under his gentle demeanor was a giant frame with immense strength to earn the respect and title of Karasuno's ace.  You yearned to be strong, too.

There was the freak duo, Hinata and Kageyama, who were always surprising you with their amazing plays and communication.  You wished you had someone that close, too.

And then, not last and not least, there was your classmate, Tsukishima Kei.  Fondly called by his close friend Yamaguchi as "Tsukki", you had met him in junior high by accident when you walked into the gym and saw him practicing with his team.  He had left an impression on you that was unerasable.  And your heart was sealed with an admiration for him like no other.

However, you yourself weren't the leader of your class.  You didn't have others to care for because the others distanced themselves from you.  You didn't speak out because you were afraid, and your weak frame didn't hep in any way.  You were the one that was seated in the front corner of the room, yet no one remembered you existed.  Every day was like that, until a certain blonde with glasses happened to call out to you during a break.

"(L/N)-san!"

The call startled you out of your depression and loneliness.

"(L/N)-san!  That is your name, right?" the displeased scowl on the blond's face made you quickly nod, afraid that he would turn away and leave you in your dark loneliness.

"Do you have a club?"

Was he asking about you?  It looked like it.  You hesitantly shook your head.

Tsukishima sighed a bit, putting a paper on the desk in front of you.  "Here.  Fill this out."

There was a large question mark hovering above your head, but you complied.

(L/N), (F/N)

Class 1-C

Once you filled out the rest of the form, he took it and examined it.  "Well, come by the gym tomorrow after school.  Four o'clock.  Don't be late."

-

So here you were at the gym, sitting on the bleachers patiently watching the volleyball team practice.  A black haired third year girl came up to you and asked if you were Tsukishima's friend (L/N).  Your cheeks turned slightly pink, but you nod.

"He said that you were willing to help out as an assistant manager for the volleyball team," she explained patiently.

Your eyes shot up in surprise.  Then you turned slowly to take a shy glance at Tsukishima.

He was staring back at you.

You quickly looked away after a moment and followed after the manager, not daring to look back.

-

"Are you mad?" Tsukishima stopped you on your way out after practice a week later.  "Are you mad at me that I signed you up without your permission?"

You shook your head quickly.

The blonde seemed slightly annoyed.  "Speak, because sometimes I can't tell what you're thinking."

You blushed, staring at your feet.  "I...I'm grateful.  I...I have never done...something like this."

Was Tsukishima blushing?  Or was it just the sunset throwing colors on his face?  No matter, he held his hand out in front of him towards you.  "You're part of the family now.  Just be yourself."  Then, he added, "These bonds will never be severed because I'm here."

And those three sentences initiated you into a loving family of friends you never dreamed of having.

He was the beginning of your present and the end of your past.

His hand led you to the door of a bright future.

And he promised he wouldn't let go.