Chapter 9: V's Parents

(Warning: Embarrassed Virgil, Coming out, swearing, a bit of angst)

      (Third person POV)
  "Uhm...Who are you?" One of the women asked, setting down a suitcase. "Virgil's friends." Logan spoke, adjusting his tie. The woman nodded while the other smiled.

    "He made more friends! Welcome! We are Virgil's mothers!" The one with longer hair said happily. "I'm Chrissy and this is my wife Jordan!" She spoke again.

  The squad smiled and started talking to the two women. "So, where is that son of ours?" Jordan asked "In the Garage. His band got a gig to play prom" Remy said, waking up from his place on the kitchen table.

~Time skip to two hours later~

    Virgil and the band walked in from the garage, exhausted from playing for so long. "Yo fuckers! What do you want to ea-" Virgil cut off, seeing his parents sitting at the table with his friends, eating pringles and Crofters jelly.

    "Moms...?" He said, his voice unsettled. "Hey hun, how are you doing?" Jordan asked, sensing the tension in her son's voice. He just stared, his face growing cold. He turned to his bandmates. "You guys go sit, I'll be in my room." Virgil said, his voice low.

    The band walked over to the table whilst Virgil shot his mother's a look before heading upstairs. "Uhm... You guys stay here, Jordan and I need to speak with Virgil" Chrissy explained, grabbing Jordan and heading upstairs.

   The two women knocked on their son's door. "Virgil hun, can we come in?" Chrissy asked through the door. There was a sigh from behind the door before it opened. "What do you want?" Virgil snapped, obviously upset.

    "Watch your tone. Why are you upset?" Jordan snapped back, looking more worried than mad. "Uuugh! Maybe it's the fact you two keep disappearing without telling me then don't come running back when I am in the hospital!" Virgil yelled, tears starting to flood his eyes.

    "You were in the hospital?!" Chrissy said worriedly, looking over her son for injuries. "Uh yeah! For malnutrition and oh wait! You wouldn't know because I don't have an emergency contact!" Virgil continued, tears now streaming his face.

    The mothers looked at eachother before looking back to their son. "We're so sorry V. We didn't know..." Chrissy said, the two parents pulling their son into a hug.

    Virgil sobbed into his parent's embrace. "We'll get these things sorted out. I promise" Jordan said, letting Virgil go. Virgil nodded, wiping his eyes with his sleeve. The family had one more hug before turning to head downstairs.

    "Wait!" Virgil shouted, stopping his mothers. "I uh... Have something to tell you." He said amxiously. His mothers turned towards him, waiting. "Im uh.. Gay." He said, twiddling his thumbs.

    Chrissy squealed loudly, causing Virgil to go wide eyed. She pulled him into a bone crushing hug while gushing random gibberish. "Thanks for telling us kid." Jordan said with a smirk.

    The family made their way downstairs, joining the noisy group of Virgil's friends. Chrissy leaned over to Virgil and whispered in his ear "So which one is it?" Virgil raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" He whispered back, confusion lacing his voice.

    "Which one is your honey dew?" This question made the emo go bright red. "Mooom!" He groaned then sighed. "That one" he gestured to Roman who was currently helping Patton and Remy stack spoons. Chrissy nodded and gave him a thumbs up before starting a conversation with Thomas and Jon.

    "Yo Roman, come here a sec" Jordan called, earning a suspicious look from Virgil and a confused on from Roman. Once Roman was over, Jordan whispered something in his ear. Roman suddenly nodded excitedly, as Jordan got up and walked upstairs for a minute.

    She walked back down, holding a scrapbook. "Mom. What are you doing?" Virgil asked, inching closer to his mother. She sat down by Roman and opened the book. Roman cooed as he looked through the book.

    "What is that?!" Virgil walked over and immidietly red from embarrassment. They were showing Roman his baby pictures. The book was littered with Virgil dressed in bright colors and some of him just naked.

    He sunk down and buried his face in his hands, trying to hide his embarrassment. "Why?" He groaned, causing the others to laugh.

Sorry this update took awhile lol

I hope you guys are having a good Super Bowl day and I hope you're enjoying this story so far!

Take it easy guys, gals, and my fellow non-binary pals! Peace out!

-Marsh